Virus in this site

lking

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
this site has viruses in it every time I come on to this site it tries to get me to download PDF blackhole/80fed.pdh which gets blocked by Norton internet security my virus scan has already warned me not to visit this website

heads up for people that don't have Norton internet security/Firewall

"
Content on this website has been reported as unsafe

Hosted by: www.lincolnvscadillac.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website. "

keeps trying to attack my computer by downloading this blackhole PDF file

When do you get this warning? Is it on every page on this site?

I'm on Chrome and haven't seen anything. I also use NotScript and AdBlockPlus Beta but I disabled everything and haven't received any errors, however I don't use any of that "internet security" garbage either.

I have a feeling that you might already be infected with something, maybe some adware.

For the record, ditch anything Norton. It's crap. It costs money and it's inferior to free software. Download AVG. I prefer NOD32 but that's pay as well, although there are ways to circumvent it.

No issues on Safari. You mad bro?

images-1.jpg

Lol Chrome, like a boss.

Chrome is really secure and has actually been benchmarked to load websites faster (due to a special java engine IIRC). Every tab in chrome is actually its own process, so if you have one tab open with your bank account, and one open with something compromising, an attack through the bad tab cannot get to the bank account tab. It's VERY secure

The biggest difference to a user's eye is the special engine that loads websites faster

I'm on Chrome and haven't seen anything. I also use NotScript and AdBlockPlus Beta but I disabled everything and haven't received any errors, however I don't use any of that "internet security" garbage either.

I have a feeling that you might already be infected with something, maybe some adware.

For the record, ditch anything Norton. It's crap. It costs money and it's inferior to free software. Download AVG. I prefer NOD32 but that's pay as well, although there are ways to circumvent it.

+1. Been running the ESET firewall+av suite for years, zero complaints, viruses and zero $ gone from my bank accts(s). :)

Firefox FTW.

+1. Been running the ESET firewall+av suite for years, zero complaints, viruses and zero $ gone from my bank accts(s). :)

Firefox FTW.

Norton is garbage, but Symantec (their corporate edition software) is very good and i run it on some of my systems, McAfee on the others.

And i get both free from the government.

McAfee is horrendous. University of Florida uses McAfee on everything and it's just terrible. It might be easier to manage (I don't really know, that wasn't my responsibility), but it slowed down everything. I put it on the same level as Norton.

I had bad luck w/Chrome and uninstalled it. As slow as it can be I prefer Firefox.

McAfee is horrendous. University of Florida uses McAfee on everything and it's just terrible. It might be easier to manage (I don't really know, that wasn't my responsibility), but it slowed down everything. I put it on the same level as Norton.

Not all McAfee clients are the same.

My laptop runs its easily. And its only a core 2 duo at 2Ghz with 4gb of ram. Doess have a 7200rpm harddrive and dedicated graphics chip though.

Last year, I had members send me there calendar pictures to my home computer. Someone from here infected me with a "blackhole" virus. Cleaned it up luckily. This year, I had everyone send the pictures to a seperate Yahoo account and updated my AVG.

I had the same thing as you lking. I use webroot virus protection. It was only showing up when I would go into my pm box. Got her all cleaned up now though.

AVG and others listed are real good. IE is the most effected search engine. Run AVG then Spybot Search & Destroy. Both free! Use Control Panel - Programs - review all, delete any not used/recognized except Microsoft ones. Running 2 virus programs defeats both. Run msconfig.exe from START, uncheck any start up programs you don't need when system boots, it won't delete them just doesn't turn on @ boot.

... and then if you want the disabled startup items removed from your msconfig console, you can run regedit and drill down to;
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg

and manually delete each hive (folder) safely.

you can double check to see what's starting up in the background, (same as msconfig) in;
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

reboot and gone.

PS: in XP that is, and Google Chrome runs an updater each time Chrome is launched, it can be removed in the registry as well.

Been using AVG for maybe 4 years now. Haven't had any issues ever. I can't stand Norton or McAffee.

2 handy utilities I have been running for years,

Process Explorer @ http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653
(I'm running an older version back from the days when Sysinternals owned it)
good app for live monitoring what's running where and CPU used.

What's Running @ http://www.whatsrunning.net/
This one is good also for checking current running startup items,
has more to offer and most important is the IP Connections tab, keep an eye on what program is using which protocol on which Port.
One can enable, autostart or manual start any Services and monitor Window Process as well.

Also I recommend Ccleaner if you are not using a good registry cleaner.

Defraggler is a great program too.

Freeware is your friend.

Members online

No members online now.
Back