Valve Cover Replacement....My 2nd time

De-marko

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, I was so happy to have to get try this again. I replaced these on my '00 when I had that. So, when I bought this '02 I knew it was not a matter of IF but when. Sometimes I wish I had kept my other car. :p

This has been done a thousand times on here so I am not going to bore anyone with the procedure. So, after 1 coil, 8 plugs and the VCG's the car runs really good. I started working on this car at 6:30pm, took an hour break and was done by 1:30am.

Gasket set: Fel-Pro VS 50724 R
Spark Plugs: Motorcraft AGSP32FSM

vc1.jpg

VC2.jpg

vc3.jpg

vc4.jpg

I'm just waiting for my plugs to show up and get to do the same job

@ De-marko, good job man, how were the Timing Chain Tensioner's when you were in there ?

Plastic, Metal ? In general good shape ? Miles on the motor ?

attachment.jpg

yeah, I was wondering for an 02 plastic or not.
mine is an 01, I'm sure I'll have the pleasures soon enough.

EDIT: just read the whole thread on the Tear Down, WOW ... Fn amazing,
hopefully I can get away with just some tensioners as apposed to what you went through.
I don't have any knocking or noises coming from down below the VC's yet but something tells
me to get ready for it sooner or later. I currently have 163K KM (101K miles?) on mine,
and I tend not to rod the piss out of it, however, the heavy foot is there at times,
I try to limit it to just moderate roll on's as apposed to flooring it from a stand still.
Hopefully it will hang in there for me for a while, however, at sign of first rattling,
I'm in there with the updated timing tensioners.

Members online

Back