Valentine 1

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What do you think of this radar detector?

20015.gif

Military Strategists Agree;

That successful defense begins with good intelligence about the enemy. Valentine One has a patented warning system relying on both forward- and rearward-facing radar antennas (front and rear laser sensors too). It goes beyond Ordinary Detectors by telling you -- on every alert -- where to look, and how many to look for. Once you have this intelligence report, you can easily decide when to defend, and when you can simply shrug off a non-threatening alarm.

http://www.valentine1.com/
Questions? 1-800-331-3030 toll-free​

I do not know personally, but I had a friend that bought one and he SWORE by it. He has a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX all-wheel drive with about 400-450HP at the wheels....and he drives a bit like I do (FAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!!!) and up to this day (has had it for like 8 years or so) has NOT had a ticket with it.

I would say that that is pretty good....can any other detectors say that?

1wykdmk8 said:
I do not know personally, but I had a friend that bought one and he SWORE by it.

I would say that that is pretty good....can any other detectors say that?

Thats what I have been hearing. I have been wanting one for so long. But damn, the 399.99 price tag is hella up there. . .

Sifrino3 said:
Thats what I have been hearing. I have been wanting one for so long. But damn, the 399.99 price tag is hella up there. . .

Yeah, I know.....I was going to get one too, but the price made me think twice.

Well I used to be a Whistler fan. I've had all kinds, Whistler, Cobra, Uniden, etc... not cheap but some of the better ones. I still have a couple of Whistler units around.

I use the Valentine in my F250 since it is my work truck and it helps out on the road trips. IMHO it is THE BEST of what I've had.

Long range is definitely a 10.

Around bends, over hills and such it waaaaaaaaay outperforms any other I've had - call it a 9?

Behind? I have to give it a 9.5! I've only had a couple units prior that had such capabilty though.

False alarms? Maybe 7? Better than most, but I leave it on highest sensitivity all the time, so take it for what it's worth.

Yeah $400 may sound high, but you're gonna pay $200 for anything resembling a contender. At the price of tickets today, it's cheap. If you drive like I do, it will pay for itself. :steering:

1wykdmk8 said:
Yeah, I know.....I was going to get one too, but the price made me think twice.
Check ebay? And you still need to be careful, as some police are now using VASCAR. And there is no way to detect that.

JoshMcMadMac said:
Check ebay? And you still need to be careful, as some police are now using VASCAR. And there is no way to detect that.

864424.jpg

I use one of the BearCat police scanners. :sleep:

Between the Valentine radar detector, BearCat scanner and CB radio, if I get a ticket, it's because i fell asleep. LOL! :tongue:

The Valentine 1 paid another ticket last night. On the way to pick up the youngest son from work last night about 11PM, I had just started to open it up when the detector picked up a weak radar signal ahead for about a second. I backed out of it to just below the limit. Since it was late and so little traffic, it was suspicious as this particular area has had no false alarms.

After more than a quarter mile and around a bend in the road, I had just begun to think it was a false alert when the Valentine lit up like a Christmas tree and went full alert. Almost simultaneously, I saw the trooper's car hidden off the side of the roadway.

driller said:
The Valentine 1 paid another ticket last night. On the way to pick up the youngest son from work last night about 11PM, I had just started to open it up when the detector picked up a weak radar signal ahead for about a second. I backed out of it to just below the limit. Since it was late and so little traffic, it was suspicious as this particular area has had no false alarms.

After more than a quarter mile and around a bend in the road, I had just begun to think it was a false alert when the Valentine lit up like a Christmas tree and went full alert. Almost simultaneously, I saw the trooper's car hidden off the side of the roadway.

I fu cked myself on getting it. Had to spend the $400 at summit. . .

Members online

No members online now.
Back