Vacuum line diagram

96mark8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking for the vacuum line diagram for a gen one mark VIII and a 1998 Cobra mustang(if possible). I have done the cobra intake swap and am having a little bit of trouble re connecting all the lines to the correct places. I no longer have an EGR system or IMRC's so I suspect that a lot of these vacuum lines just need to be plugged up, I just don't know witch ones. I have searched the web but only came up with 5.0 diagrams for some reason.

This should help...

Vacumn1.jpg

Vacumn2.jpg

Vacumn3.jpg

You need the crankcase/valvecover vent to come off the fitting on the backside of the intake tube ahead of the throttle body. You can tee or wye the small fitting off the back of the plenum to go to the fuel pressure regulator and onto the passenger compartment for the EATC.

c2.jpg

Obviously the big line to the brake reservoir is needed on the drivers side of the plenum.

HPIM5616.jpg

I can't find a good pic showing the EVAP or brake booster lines but I believe it should come off the nipple behind the throttle body. The IACV tube comes off the front fitting on the intake tube.

HPIM5758.jpg

You don't need the lines for the IMRCs and EGR, just plug them and use an EGR delete plate where the EGR valve would bolt up.

c2.jpg

HPIM5616.jpg

HPIM5758.jpg

Wow this is perfect again thanks for taking the time to help me out driller!

Does anybody have a diagram for a 3.0? I’m having a seriously hard time. They were all unhooked when I bought it

Members online

Back