V6 Gen 1 cooling system overhaul?

Lagniappe

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Would like to state that I really like this forum and you guys have been most helpful.
About 18 months ago I acquired a 2001 LS 3.0 V6 with approx 89,000 miles at the time. The car had a rough idle at the time, with a misfire in cyl. 1 & 5. Replaced COPs, plugs, manifold gaskets, and valve cover gasket.
The car purrs, runs beautifully, and I really enjoy driving it.
About 6 months ago, I noticed a coolant stain on the parking slab. It appeared to have resulted from a small explosion while parked overnight. The DCCV was leaking,
replaced, bled system and no further leaks until yesterday while using AC for 1st time this season. A small crack seems to have developed in the plastic part of the upper radiator hose assembly. As per info gathered on the forum, I intend to replace all "plastics" in the system. Other than the upper and lower radiator hoses, thermostat and housing, degas bottle... What parts are required to overhaul the "plastics" in the GenI V6 cooling system. Can find the info for a Gen2 V8, but not G1 V6.
Also noticed that Jag has some aluminum parts, has anyone had a positive experience with these?

Members online

Back