U1262

Blueberryyum02

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
check engine light came on stop by autozone the guy pulled the code, and it was u1262.

Lincoln: Data Circuit Message: PCM Received Signal for Fault on Bus Circuit is the info I got from this website: http://www.aboutautomobile.com/DTC/U1262.

my question is where do I start looking to fix this?

Clear it and see if it comes back. I hadn't seen this turn on the check engine light before. I have seen the could come up now and then, but it never seemed to be a problem.

Clear it and see if it comes back. I hadn't seen this turn on the check engine light before. I have seen the could come up now and then, but it never seemed to be a problem.

Ok I'll clear it, also the other code that came up was the fuel lever sensor code but I think it was on cause I was low on gas so the low fuel light was on.

Ok I'll clear it, also the other code that came up was the fuel lever sensor code but I think it was on cause I was low on gas so the low fuel light was on.

Nope. That's probably the one that actually tripped the check engine light. What was the code number? No codes are tripped because of low or no fuel level. It would be tripped because of a problem with the fuel level senders.

Nope. That's probably the one that actually tripped the check engine light. What was the code number? No codes are tripped because of low or no fuel level. It would be tripped because of a problem with the fuel level senders.

Hi Joegr thanks for for helping me out first off.

And the second code was p0460

I goggled that code and found a post from august of 2011 that you responded
In saying the driver side sending level is open.
Is this a simple fix or is it like the 98 Buick pumps where I have to replace the whole pump. Haven't notice anything different as for the fuel gauge.

Probably a simple fix, but also probably expensive...

Looked it up, the driver's side fuel sender is $800 new.

Probably a simple fix, but also probably expensive...

Looked it up, the driver's side fuel sender is $800 new.

I'm back sorry for the delayed response, I reset everything went out for long drive to see family out of town, the check engine light never returned, the hand tracked and reported gas as normal, notice my mpg is a little low like 16 mpg, but I think I stand and walk on that culprit. Lol

So far so good and also had to the pleasure of replacing the driver window regulator. Went to roll the window down and sound like horriblely wrong got that fixed in no time was a easy swap.

Thanks for the help.

Members online

Back