TYC Aftermarket Headlights with Gray Sealant

triniti

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
For anyone who want's to know. I just bought a set of TYC headlights for my 2000 LS and discovered that they have the gray sealant while I was installing them. I think they will be perfect not only for OEM replacement but for Angel Eye installation, Clear conversion, or Projection modification. TYC makes excellent lighting products and I think the quality are just as good as the originals. The price? Mindblowing! I paid $83 per headlight and that included shipping! I couldn't get this type of quality at this price from anywhere, not even my Client who owns SlickCar.com. I bought a set of foglights for the car too. $70 for the pair with shipping included. These guys must have knocked over a semi or something.

Here is the link if you're interested:
http://search.stores.ebay.com/light...sooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ169361559QQsofpZ0

Eventhough those TYC headlights have a "grey" sealant doesn't make them ready to use. I bought a set of those headlights a while back to test them out. The sealant they use is exactly like the black sealant you get with the Genuine Ford part. The headlight does not come apart like the old grey sealant headlights. Trust me or you can try yourself.

Thanks for the info. I definitely take your word for it and I apologize to all about the modification compatibility statement. I automatically assumed that since it was gray, it was the same type of gray sealant everyone has been referring to for headlight modification.

Since that's the case, I guess they would be ideal as just LS OEM replacement headlights. I think you and I both can agree that the price can't be beat for TYC quality.

No worries. I would have been the first to beat the ground if they worked. I was a little excited too when the guy told me they had grey sealant. I got one apart but it was just like the 03 and up headlights. I destroyed the lip around the headlight.

However, if you are wanting a cheaper alternative to the OEM assemblies I definitely recommend those aftermarket headlights as replacements.

Members online

Back