Turn For The Worse

APOLLO24

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I finally get the car towed to the mechanic today and he finally gets it to start. the engine was "flooded" so he finally got it started. here's were it gets bad. there is a knock in one of my valves. it kinda has the sound of a peice of metal getting tossed around in there. he says my valve it seems always remains open that's why engine gets flooded. he won't know until tomorrow after he takes it apart if i need new engine or if he can fix it. can valves get fixed or is this engine gone. i have 93k miles on 3.9 v8. had the car since mile one and babied it everystep of the wasy. can't figure it out. has anyone had a similar problem? it also seems that this valve when you touch it from the outside of the engine it is much hotter than the others. wow:Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang

everything is fixable unless, the head is cracked. or the valve has caused damage to the actual block, cylinder, or piston

i'll update tomorrow but it didn't sound good when the car was running. i was just wondering if someone here had something similar b/c these cars seem to have common issues. i hope it's fixable b/c replacing motor is not an option i could deal w/ right now

I would highly recommend getting a second opinion (dealer) if mechanic suggests engine swap. Not an internal engine expert but seems strange that 1 bad valve on a 32V motor would cause flooding.

Members online

Back