Turbo gauges- a-pillar pod or nav screen

Alax7

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think would look/be better, actual gauges in an a-pillar pod or some that are displayed on the nav screen. I had been looking for ones displayed on the nav screen but couldn't find any and just thought that kind of thing wasn't made yet. Today, while searching on a jag forum, I ran across someone using gauges displayed on their nav screen. It's called HKS camp2, random where I found it and that I found it not looking for it. It looks pretty cool and doesn't take up space in your interior.

So what do you guys think, acutal gauges( a boost and fuel pressure) or just get the camp2 to display them on the nav screen?

DSCN0289.jpg

DSCN0291.jpg

YouTube - Hidden Gauges HKS Camp 2 Duramax Diesel

I've always been a fan of the a-pillar gauges. I had a 3 pod pillar in the old GTP I had.

i think either way would be awesome.

But if i pulled up next you and saw those pillar gauges i would think twice before trying anything funny lol

I like the fact that you can track your data with the electronic unit.

Pillar is better, but it's a magnet for bad things, especially in California. It becomes a theft magnet, losses it's sleeper status. Also if you get pulled over and they see that they might send you to a smog ref and that's never good news.

nav seems like it would be a pain in the ass to set-up and get right but idk....im a fan of the pillar set up

He took the time to hide his radar detector in the dash, I think the navi setup will be perfect for him.

about how much is the nav set up?

here is the website if anybody wants to check it ot more. The cheapest I found it was like 450. I would still need the specific sensors and harnesses.

Pillar is better, but it's a magnet for bad things, especially in California. It becomes a theft magnet, losses it's sleeper status. Also if you get pulled over and they see that they might send you to a smog ref and that's never good news.

True. Funny thing, i got pulled over last thursday for tinted window and modified exhaust, can't believe he got me for exhaust.

real gauges are hard to beat

Yeah, it's exciting just looking at them even if they dont work yet, but they do take away visibility which is the main reason for me looking into the nav setup.

nav seems like it would be a pain in the ass to set-up and get right but idk....im a fan of the pillar set up

It's basically plug and play. The hardest part would be getting a way to display it on the nav screen, unless you have an aftermarket unit, but in my case, I have the video interface so that's not a problem.

:rolleyes:

This is Alax we're talken about... lol

If it's a sick mod I dont mind saving up for it. ;)

I've always been a fan of the a-pillar gauges. I had a 3 pod pillar in the old GTP I had.

I do like them, but maybe not for the ls the more I think of it. I have always liked the oem and clean look, the a-pillar pods goes the opposite way of that. That was the main reason for putting the valentine unit in the cluster gauges.

What about this location? I'll cut a hole through the gauge trim so the gauges come out at an angle

DSCN0291-1.jpg

you are a true visionary Alex. Does anything get covered by the gauges? i can't think of the top of my head whats behind there.

Edit: nvm im slow tonight, all i had to do was scroll up -_- it is 3am

only 12 here.

Nothing gets cover, plus I would cut a hole push them back in the gauge trim to get even more clearance

What about this location? I'll cut a hole through the gauge trim so the gauges come out at an angle

DSCN0291-1.jpg

I like this idea - and it's still pretty stealthy IMHO. If the lights aren't on somebody would have to really know the LS dash to realize right away that something looked different...

Thats true... and just curious why would you require a boost gauge? I could understand an EGT or even an AFR gauge but boost I don't see a need for. With those two gauges you can watch your fuel mixture set up if your tuned and watch temps at the same time.

But I do agree with face. The datalogging capability of the nav unit surpasses the memory storing for data your noggin has.

Ive heard those electronic gauges have a slight lag to them.

Thats true. Thats because they log before they display. Both have their advantages. I'd prefer a mix of both to be honest.

Members online

No members online now.
Back