Tundra tried to race me.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
He lost..haha.

It was a std cab short box 2 wheel sport truck type.

Thing stuck right next to me though. I took off a little quick heard his tires chirp, so I smashed it. I got about a half car length in the short sprint. Thing kinda surprized me. I wish there was more room to see if it would keep up...looked like it was going to.

not bad for the tundra, got a buddy who has the Tacoma sport truck, like an '06 or something, runs pretty good for a mid-size, looks alright aswell.

Ya my buddy has a 2002 tundra AWD fully loaded with the big V8 and a custom intake and I still woop his ass stock..now I got intake and other changes to be even faster....

I wonder how the LS would hold up against a Nissan Titan? Those things have got some balls. I was tempted to buy one before I got the LS, but I got like 8 mpg on the test drive. :p

:eek: Those Tundra's have some HP too. I forget how much, a coworker has a loaded one with the biggest motor, I think he paid close to 40K.

I wonder how the LS would hold up against a Nissan Titan? Those things have got some balls. I was tempted to buy one before I got the LS, but I got like 8 mpg on the test drive. :p

I raced one last summer from a stop light. It was close til about 40, I was about half a car ahead then I started to pull further and he finally let off.

if i had bought my LS (10k) and an extra 30k for mods i'm sure my ls would still be faster than 40k on a dance truck :p

A truck,,,,,A truck,,,,,,,,, come on guys, a truck,,,,,,,,, we can get better kills than this.

When I use to drive my 77 F250/460 all the time, some of my buddies use to say lets race, I would reply with "lets hook up a chain between the two ass ends and see who pulls who". This truck could pull stumps out of the ground.

A truck,,,,,A truck,,,,,,,,, come on guys, a truck,,,,,,,,, we can get better kills than this.

When I use to drive my 77 F250/460 all the time, some of my buddies use to say lets race, I would reply with "lets hook up a chain between the two ass ends and see who pulls who". This truck could pull stumps out of the ground.

You are aware of some of the sport trucks out there....aren't you. Lightning, Hemi Dodges...etc. I'm not talking a 4 door 4x4.

Looks like they run mid 5 0-60 and low 14s 1/4. Would have been a good race for me.

Would eat the average LS.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Toyota-Tundra-Timeslip-15957.html

wow i cant wait to get rid of my LS for something fast.....lol our competition is TRUCKS..haaaa

lol, it is funny when I have a car come up when I am driving the 250 and wants to run. Yea sure, my like 5000lb. truck built for towing against your 2900lb-3200lb, yea, seems like a good idea haha. Truck well :q:q:q:q and get but after 2nd its out of breathe so to speak. Does surprise them people who see a truck in the right or left lane at a light and move over and on green you just punch it. But after all said and done, yep, its a truck.

lol, it is funny when I have a car come up when I am driving the 250 and wants to run. Yea sure, my like 5000lb. truck built for towing against your 2900lb-3200lb, yea, seems like a good idea haha. Truck well :q:q:q:q and get but after 2nd its out of breathe so to speak. Does surprise them people who see a truck in the right or left lane at a light and move over and on green you just punch it. But after all said and done, yep, its a truck.

Thats cause they think you got a diesel.

Have you ever seen 5000lbs blaze a 11 sec 1/4......I have.

I'm on my 5th truck, I've had the workers.

A truck ain't exactly a truck anymore and to compare a grunter to a sport truck is ignorant.

Thats cause they think you got a diesel.

I'm on my 5th truck, I've had the workers.

A truck ain't exactly a truck anymore and to compare a grunter to a sport truck is ignorant.

+1. I'm sorry but there's some trucks out there that are built now strictly to haul ass. Ram SRT-10s and Ford Lightnings are built for nothing but speed. Then you have trucks like my girlfriend's dad has; the Chevy 2500 Duramax Diesel, holy :q:q:q:q that thing is fast. He keeps challenging me to bring up either my 5.0 or the LS and race him, but I'm pretty sure he'll hand me my ass unless I do a few more mods first. I wouldn't have raced the Titan but he had just handed some ricers their ass and was revving at the light for me to run him so I figured what the hell.

Have here, many times at the track. I raced a semi fast one a couple visits ago. He was talking trash though, sucked cause his truck was nice but he kept going on and on about it so I said you want to line your truck and the car up. He had me off the line, thing did get up but as I hit mid 2nd, good bye, never got to speak to him again though cause he packed it up and left. Did talk to his buddy who had a 12sec. 350, he said the race was hilarious cause he was talking trash to them about being faster.

If I had the money and will, I would do some stuff to mine but its a worker, only thing it gets is reg. maintance and full details.

Raced my brother in law yesterday... Ram 3500 with the 6.7 cummins and a 6spd. Things pretty quick! Neither of us (or anyone at the track for that matter) had good traction, but I ran him down by the 1/8 and had him by half a second at the top end of the track.

nope.... 100 shot jets in

Nitrous wasn't any help though. It only gave me 2mph and .3seconds. Ridiculously bad traction!

Yea, last few times I was at one of the tracks here(Rockingham) it has been so so track wise. Hoping to get a PB but evertime I would actually get a good launch going to 2nd and than just spin. It was like the whole was good but after a few ft. it was ice, whole run ruined.

Yep my track openned this weekend. I don't go openning day anymore. With it so crowded and all the noobs, the track just trys to keep it movin. Conditions are always bad. Unless someone spins out they just keep them movin.

I will say they did seem to stop and prep more last year than other years so maybe they are getting more in habit of it....I can hope.

I thinking of going this week. The car had been sitting for 3 weeks, pulled it out Saturday. Burned off some fuel as it was near full.

i took my buddys mazda 3 hatch... new one, but not the mazdaspeed. he's admittedly all show and no go though with just a cai and exhaust it wasnt a challenge. but still fun. track day up in syracuse is the 14th i just put on the intake and am fixing the vgcs and replacing the stock coils and plugs with somethin with a little more pop this weekend. we'll see how it goes huh?

you guys are lucky you dont run into some of the titans and tundra's around the houston area.

you would need a TOW BAR to keep up with some of these trucks.

IF you car is running 14.0's then you would be some 20 car lengths behind some of these local guys in the 1/4 mile.

TWENTY CAR LENGTHS, which is further than "some folks can even SEE".

HAHA

keep talking smack if it makes you feel superior, then drag you leetle LS down here to houston and I'll put you in the other lane with some trucks that'll make you RUN to PETES to get a massage.

Members online

No members online now.
Back