TRW or MOOG lower control arms

todd2fst4u

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a set of MOOG lower control arms from amazon. I received them today and one is a MOOG part, the other is labeled TRW. Both came in MOOG boxes however. The TRW part doesn't appear to be greaseable like the MOOG part is. Should I be concerned about this? I've read that TRW parts are good too.

Sometimes TRW parts come in Moog boxes. They are the 2 best brand of suspension parts to buy.

They are sister companies and all the machining and forgings come from the same place. Parts should identical except for grease fitting. Most folks stopped putting grease fittings on the ball joints because it was found that the grease monkeys were over filling the joints and rupturing the boots causing water penetration and rapid joint failure. Newer compounds are superior in keeping their seal, so a grease for life joint was then adopted.

Do your control arm bushings and stabilizer links at the same time as it is all apart and the time is opportune. Get a 4 wheel alignment latter and it will feel like driving a new car.

Do your control arm bushings and stabilizer links at the same time as it is all apart and the time is opportune. Get a 4 wheel alignment latter and it will feel like driving a new car.

By "latter" (later), I hope you mean IMMEDIATLY!

i did upper control arms 6000 miles ago. i've got new lower control arms, stabilizer bar links, inner and outer tie rods, strut rod bushings at the frame and control arm, and 2 new air struts.
i'm going to get it all on the car, and get 2 new tires balanced, mounted and aligned. :D

258982093.jpg

:D

i've read that the original strut rod bushings at the frame need to be ground off.

any other tips for replacing these parts?

i've read that the original strut rod bushings at the frame need to be ground off.

any other tips for replacing these parts?

mine were so rusted i just had to use a big screwdriver to peel them apart.
looks like they were in there pretty good at one time though. idk how you would get a set that wasn't totally trashed off.

Members online

Back