Trunk Ajar Message Not Working!

JoeyLincolnMK8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
when i open my trunk i do not get the "trunk ajar" displayed on the message center. i sprayed some WD-40 on the latch, worked it alil bit and did not see anything. so i am thinking it is probably a sensor/relay, or a fuse maybe? i followed the cable that comes from the trunk lid and it connects to another cable near the air suspension/fuel cut-off switches. i tried to wiggle it and still nothing. what would be a way to fix it? all the cables look good to me, if there is a sensor and or relay where is it located, and if there is a fuse where would that be as well. thanks guys!

According to the book, the trunk release solenoid has the switch integrated for the message center (trunk ajar warning). That is the same unit that released the trunk lid. So, maybe the switch inside is fubar. Not sure how to check for that to tell you the truth.

thanks ray, i appreciate any info i can get! maybe i can fool around with the trunk release switch. i have to pull out my drivers door panel anyway to install something.

I highly doubt it is the switch that is in the door, rather it is the release that is in the trunk that is the problem. If you can pop the trunk with either the switch, or the remote (if you have one), then it is not the switch, but the release in the trunk. That is where the switch is located for the message center. The switch is part of the mechanism for the trunk release.

Hope that clarifies it some.

ohhhhhh ok i got it now, sorry about that i misunderstood! maybe removing the carpet lining on the trunk lid i can see the mechanism for the trunk release? damn now that i am thinking i hope the bass from my system did not jar (no pun intended) anything lose.

Members online

Back