Transmission!!

Dubbed_LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I KNOW THIS IS A REPEAT THREAD. BUT....

P0775 pressure control solenoid b.

SUCH A HEADACHE!!
TOOK IT SEVERAL PLACES MECHANIC SHOP AND SAID IT COULD BE THE TRANNY PUMP OR THE BATTERY BECAUSE MY BATTERY WAS BAD. AND THAT IT COULD CAUSE THE ELECTRONIC COMPUTER TO PUT OUT THE WRONG PRESSURE AND CAUSE THAT CODE TO COME UP.. REPLACED IT. STILL DIDNT FIX IT. AFTER OPENING IT UP AND LOOKING AT IT. THEY KEPT INSISTING THAT THE SOLENOID WAS FINE. THAT I NEED A WHOLE NEW TRANSMISSION OVERHAUL. *BLAH BLAH BLAH* QUOTED 3200 BUCKS.

THEN TOOK IT TO AAMCO TRANSMISSION SHOP. AND THEY SAID IT MIGHT NOT BE THE SOLENOID COULD BE THE MOUNTING BRACKETS OR I MIGHT NEED A NEW COMPUTER.

IF THE CODE COMES UP IS IT USUALLY 100% THAT THE PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID NEEDS TO BE REPLACED?

I'M TIRED OF SPENDING 85 BUCKS HERE AND THERE EVERYTIME JUST SO SOMEONE CAN LOOK AT IT AND IT'S STILL NOT BEING FIXED. AND IM DREADING TAKING IT TO THE DEALERSHIP BECAUSE THEIR LABOR CHARGES ARE RIDICULOUS. BUT I THINK IM JUST GOING TO HAVE TO SUCK IT UP AND TAKE IT TO THE DEALER.

ANY ADVICE OR PEOPLE THAT HAD THE SAME PROBLEM PLEASE HELP. ONCE AGAIN I KNOW THIS THREAD IS A REPEAT.

BECAUSE I HAD THE SOLENOID PACK REPLACED BEFORE. BUT I HAVE PUT ON 20.000 MILES ON IT SINCE IT WAS REPLACED.

Hey Josh, just change the tranny man, that's what I did when mine took crap. I paid 900 installed for good used tranny. The place is on 5 and Penrose exit, towards sun valley. Call them at 818 252 7100. They are Lincoln junk yard, they have plenty of LSs. They did it overnight.

Change it and be done with it.

I don't know how much faith I have in the dealer, either. Mine is in for the second time in a week for a hard start issue. Cost me $501 the first time and they promised me that it was fixed. I'm convinced at this point, that they don't have a freaking clue what the problem is. If you can't trust the people who are "trained" to work on them, where does that leave us?

i dropped it off at the dealership this morning so hopefully its just the solenoid? but if its almost 900 bucks ill just go with the transmission.

do u suggest i put a different year transmission other than the 2000 since thats the one to have the most problems.

just called the place and he said 800 bucks installed.. so we'll see what the dealer says i need.

If you a have the harsh shifts between gears all the time You my also have the check transmission light on). Then it most likely is the control pack. Not that hard to change but your looking at about 4-5 hrs to do. The hardest part is putting the fluid back in. (I bought a hand fuel pump from a local auto parts shop. and just stick it in the bottle and the other in the ranny. 2 person job). Also don't forget the bolt on top. I got the part from www.teamfordparts.com Tranny works great now

would a 2001 or 2002 transmission fit since the 2000's are the ones with alll the problems. u know..??

and how does ur run hyelife?

Runs smoother than my original one man, They should be interchangable, not sure about that. But they will get you the one that works well with your car.

They all have problems 00, 01 or 02. Mine is 01, I had the solenoid changed twice, the valve body once and the tranny gave up at 154000 miles, but I am sure it wouldn't if I wasn't abusing it so much on take off in SST mode.

I would shift to SST and floor it, so it would shirt to 1st really quick and take off, so I drove like that like for a month before I lost my reverse and some other crap.

If I would continue using the D5/D4 for fast take offs I am sure it would still be with us.

thats whut i always do when i would race ppl. throw it into sst. and then slam on that accelerator..

got it back from the dealer earlier and i was quoted 3800 for a rebuilt transmission. so i am for sure going with the route u took. already spoke with them and everything. just gotta find a way to get 800 bucks

Members online

No members online now.
Back