Transmission or PCM problem?

rsimmons1

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I got about 4500 miles left on my warranty so I figure I should address this issue now. When I start it up it starts at 1.5k rpms for about 30-60 seconds then it drops to 1k. Sometimes it also jumps when I put it into gear but it'll only do it the first time I drive it that day. Maybe a solenoid or pcm reflash I dunno I'd just like a good idea before I take it in. Thanks guys and Merry Christmas.

Normal start up cold rpm is 1700, then drop to about 1000 after about 20sec, and when warm 750/800.

how long have you been driving for... like really?

Merry Christmas to you!

And to answer your question... I been driving about 8 1/2 years and have had 7 different cars and none of them have had this same problem. I guess the LS is just a piece of :q:q:q:q but common sense should have told me that!

The 1500 rpm at start up is normal when its cold. Wont do it again when its already warm and you shut if off and turn it in again right? The tranny jumping might be your tranny starting to go out. Mine jerks a little when I drive it the first time on cold start and then it smoothes out a little whne it gets to the normal running temp. I shold fix it soon. The custom tune helped a lot with it hitting when shifting though.

Merry Christmas to you!

And to answer your question... I been driving about 8 1/2 years and have had 7 different cars and none of them have had this same problem. I guess the LS is just a piece of :q:q:q:q but common sense should have told me that!

Sweet, someone understands common sense!!!!

Merry Christmas to you!

Actually, many cars do it this way, especially the newer ones. The LS is certified as an LEV. Part of the requirement for that certification is that the Cats have to heat up quickly. Start up RPM has to be increased (when cold) to do this.

I guess you would really have had problems in the old days with carburetors and chokes.

Actually, many cars do it this way, especially the newer ones. The LS is certified as an LEV. Part of the requirement for that certification is that the Cats have to heat up quickly. Start up RPM has to be increased (when cold) to do this.

I guess you would really have had problems in the old days with carburetors and chokes.

Oh ok that makes sense. I mean it just started doing it I guess since it got colder outside and since I didn't know that I had to assume something was wrong. Plus it does shift kinda slow but I guess that's normal too. Thanks for the info.

Members online

No members online now.
Back