Transmission issues

2002_lincolnLS

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I read through a few threads and tried a Google search. I found one similar but not exactly the same.

So the car:

2002 Lincoln LS V8
130,000 miles

The car all of a sudden today on the highway started acting up. I went to pass someone and the car just revved and went no where. It did a couple more times on the way to work.

I got off the highway and went to take off from the light and same thing it just revved and rolled very very slowly. I immediately pulled off the road and turned the car off. I start it back up after shifting through the gears and same thing. I then decided to try "manual" mode and once 1st grabbed off I went. It was fine in auto and manual mode the rest of the way to work.

Once it was going it shifted through all the gears no hard shifts so I don't think its the typical servo issue

Things I think it could be:

1) Fluid is getting old and not creating enough pressure?
2) it actually is a servo
3) it's a lincoln so it will always do weird ****
4) possible linkage and its not actually moving the valve through the body all the way?

IMHO, since it works fine in manual mode something is amiss electronically.

I think that the hydraulic pressure is increased in manual mode, so it seems like it could still be worn servos. I don't think that it's possible to give any reasonable diagnosis based on just these symptoms.

Members online

Back