Transmission Cooler

hediditin07

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Can some one please tell me the location of the Transmission cooler for my 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII..
I do consider myself a pretty good mechanic my next question is can it be done at home in my garage or should I take it to the dealer considering any special tools or items needed ..Please help ..
Thanks

Can what be done? The transmission cooler is built in to the driver's side of the radiator.

cooler.gif

Can I replace the exsisting cooler with another one? Can the cooler only be replaced ?
Thank you for your reply

You can't directly replace the OEM one because it's part of the radiator (unless you want to get a new radiator as well.) You can bypass it and add an external unit, or what you would actually want to do is add an external unit after the outlet of the OEM one.

Its a piece of cake. Im pretty sure my b&m even came with directions. I think I had mine installed in under an hour.

One dam good thing to add for long tranny life. For what ur asking you'll go buy an aftermarket tranny cooler and tool just a pipe cutter. Don't use no shear to cut the pipe. Unless it comes with hoses you will have to buy a few feet of it. Do a search for pic

Members online

No members online now.
Back