trans swap?

02 ls8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
has anyone done a 5spd swap or a triptronic swap into a gen 1 v8?
feedback? thoughts?

It's been discussed many times. Use the search function then ask questions if you still have any.

i have used the search function and its been discoussed but i couldnt find a thread with someone who straight up did it

You can add the SST funtion to a non SST auto ls very easily. You would just need the SST benzel and the shifter I think. I tried looking for the thread I saw the info in but when I type in "SST" nothing comes up. Search functions neds some refinements. Swapping a manal tranny into an ls would be pretty expensive but possible with enough money

You can add the SST funtion to a non SST auto ls very easily. You would just need the SST benzel and the shifter I think. I tried looking for the thread I saw the info in but when I type in "SST" nothing comes up. Search functions neds some refinements. Swapping a manal tranny into an ls would be pretty expensive but possible with enough money

all LS transmissions are electronicly controlled - so to add SST function all you need to do is swap the shifter.

the manual swap in not possible - until someone can reverse engineer the PCM code to that level.

all LS transmissions are electronicly controlled - so to add SST function all you need to do is swap the shifter.

the manual swap in not possible - until someone can reverse engineer the PCM code to that level.

I though you needed to reflash the transmission software when the SST was added. Am I correct?

Most do not. You only need to do this if you care about the D3 position on the new shifter really being D4....

but since I never use anything but D5 or SST - I didn't care and have been driving that way for years.

And since I continually retune / reflash with SCT - it would be a pain

Speaking to the manual part of the OP's question, you'll need:
1. Custom bell housing---available from Quicktime
2. Flywheel and clutch---available from McLeod or Hayes
3. Hydraulic throw-out system---available from McLeod
4. Transmission from Tremec or Richmond
5. Driveshaft from Motorsport with local mods
6. Re-flash to eliminate transmission connections

KS

Last edited:
Speaking to the manual part of the OP's question, you'll need:
1. Custom bell housing---available from Quicktime
2. Flywheel and clutch---available from McLeod or Hayes
3. Hydraulic throw-out system---available from McLeod
4. Transmission from Tremec or Richmond
5. Driveshaft from Motorsport with local mods
6. Re-flash to eliminate transmission connections

KS

That to install the manual tranny.. what about to make it work? There is nothing sweeter than the idea of V8 stick !!

does anyone know or have a step by step to switching out my reg. shfiter for the triptronic its a 2001 lincoln ls

Members online

No members online now.
Back