Trans mount. WTF do I get one?

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Seriously, something like a fuggin trans mount is just not available for our fuggin cars!??! :mad:

Jamie said someone on here figured out a Mustang mount that would work but he has no idea which one. Any ideas peeps? I need to order it today to make sure its here by the weekend.

Seriously, something like a fuggin trans mount is just not available for our fuggin cars!??! :mad:

Jamie said someone on here figured out a Mustang mount that would work but he has no idea which one. Any ideas peeps? I need to order it today to make sure its here by the weekend.

Wouldn't a t-bird one work?

Found cross member bushings, but not mounts. That has to be a bad joke.

I didn't think they were interchangeable. Max said it was Mark VIII only. The picture they have for the mount is no where near what mine looks like. Mine is just a box shaped chunk of rubber.
I tried to call the place you gave me the link for marked8 but the number was disconnected. :(

EDIT: NM, I see its Supercoupeperformance now.

Even if he has them I wouldnt order from him again.

I didn't think they were interchangeable. Max said it was Mark VIII only. The picture they have for the mount is no where near what mine looks like. Mine is just a box shaped chunk of rubber.
I tried to call the place you gave me the link for marked8 but the number was disconnected. :(

I found out after the fact that it was bought by Supercoupe performance. All they have listed is the cross member bushings.

I did a web search and it said that the 96-98 Mustang GT auto tranny mount is identical. Jaime would have to confirm that.

I used an Energy Suspension p/n 4-1104R mount. Also available in black or blue.

I removed the shot-filled damper from the cross-member and had to slot the mounting holes in the cross member a bit.

I also installed Poly cross-member bushings. The stock ones are an absolute PITA to remove. :eek:

HPIM0568.JPG

HPIM0571.JPG

HPIM0570.JPG

BTW, I still have the stock mount (56K miles) if you just want that.

OK, placing the order at summit right now. Much better quality and price versus the couple stock ones I just found. Its over $60 for a stock style but I would much prefer the ENS version.

BTW on that other Mark site they were saying Mustang GT from 96-98 but its the V-6 mount and there is no GT mount made by them.

It is good to know that there actually are options out there.

Yeah thanks all. I just ordered the same one from Summit. Wish I had of known earlier cause I just did a Summit order. Have the Energy Suspension poly boots on the outer tie rods and also have the front sway bar mounts that showed up already. :lol:

Just in case anyone else is thinking of doing this, I dug up a pic which will give you an idea of how much the slots in the cross-member will need to be enlarged towards the engine.

HPIM0972xs.jpg

Just an FYI. In my car I did not have to slot them. I left it all loose in anticipation to slot them but as we bolted up everything it seems it was not needed.

Then again some people have to notch the pinch weld to clear the big front sway bar and I didnt need to. Have a good 1/4" clearance. :)

Members online

Back