Torque Specs... Valve Cover

MatthewDavid

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how tight should the valve cover be on a 97' Mark?.. is there any specific torque?... I got a OEM gasket kit I'm gonna put in... all rubber I believe if that matters over cork... thanks again you guys are the best!!

I'm doing the same today. Isn't that a wide variance 71-106? and how do you convert that to inch/pounds?

I know don't recall threads from the past, but why start a new thread siting the same question when it was already asked. I just needed the numbers clarified. I thought that was quite a big margin of error.

most torque specs will have a varience. most of the torque specs i deal with is plus or minus 50 lb ft. this is in the caterpillar world.

Divide by 12.
spot.gif

Seriously, 12 inches in a foot so thats the conversion. The specs for my 96 Cobra was 6-9 ft/lb and if you do the math then thats 72-108 in/lb which is damn close. :D

Divide by 12.
spot.gif

Seriously, 12 inches in a foot so thats the conversion. The specs for my 96 Cobra was 6-9 ft/lb and if you do the math then thats 72-108 in/lb which is damn close. :D

Thanks. I'm not in the know with things like that. I'm a fast learner, but it's the whole getting the info to learn part that's a bitch....:p :D

Thanks bud.

I usually set my torque wrench dead nuts in the middle of the range and hope it falls somewhere in there....

look up the true conversion online. there is bound to be a conversion chart somewhere on the web.

I hate to be the necromancer but for future reference

Took me 6 hours to find something official so I thought it was worth it to post and maybe save someone a lot of valuable time.

edit: removed picture because even that one is wrong.... nvm.. I'm an ijit.

Sure would be nice to see a diagram of sequence and torque settings...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back