Torque converter lock up

Tiltedhalo

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
OK I have a question for any tuning experts out there. I will give a little background on the vehicle first, 1997 Mark VIII LSC, Cobra crank, H beam rods Kieth Black pistons 11.3 to 1 comp. Stage II cams, mild port and polish, modified IMRC's stock intake with a 1/2 inch upper plenum spacer and a 1 inch throttle body spacer, Steeda under drive pulley's and timing adjuster, EV6 24LBS injectors, modified stock MAS, CAI, SVT pump, MSD COP's, 3500 baumann stall and a stage 4 kits, 3:53 gears and lock, twin X pipes with no mufflers and third cat removed.
Can anyone tell me how to modify the torque converter lock up schedule with out spending a fortune. I am using Delta force Special forces now and have the engine dialed in well, but the lock up is driving me insane and SF will not address that.

You have to step up to the Sniper racer package, the special forces won't let you modify the lockup schedule.

Like I said, it seems pretty stupid to dump 700+ dollars on the commando software for just the lock-up. Especially when I have Special Forces and the engines pretty much on the money.

Email the Sniper guys, i'm sure they can send you a tune for a small fee with your torque conveter lockup requirements built into a base tune you would use for all your tuning requirements.

You already asked that already, he can get the commando forces if he think's its worth it.

So he will have to pay even more?

Also... how in the hell does a dyno tune fix lock schedules... that would be a street tuning/track tuning application if I have ever heard of one...

What if he doesn't like what they do?
What if he does?

My tune can beat up your tune :shifty:

Like I said, it seems pretty stupid to dump 700+ dollars on the commando software for just the lock-up. Especially when I have Special Forces and the engines pretty much on the money.

It's $700 to upgrade from special forces? Forget that. Just see if you can get a tune with adjusted lockup schedules cheap.

i know the post is old, but the topic of controlling tc lockup is very easy to take care of. diesel guys have been modifying out tc control circuits with a switch to manually control tc lockup. if anyone is actually interested in adding a lockup switch to manually lock there tc then shoot me a PM. all it takes is a nice switch in a location where you like and a little time wiring in the switch.

Yes you can add a switch, already did that for testing, but it kind of defeets the purpose of the variable lock up, just another thing to remember to turn on and off.
And by the way for all those SCT people out there, yes you can control the lockup RPM and speed but not the variable control of the TCC in 2nd and 3rd gear, so the problem still exists. I finally picked through the code and took out the 2nd and 3rd variable load lock-up schedule.

Members online

Back