Torn between a TC and a P71

GSxTC

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a new daily driver. My instinct is to go TC, but the P71 Vic has always caught my eye.

I'm looking at '03+ cars for both.

I've had several Lincolnshire, mostly Mark 7 or 8 LSC's, including a 7 SE with a 347 and t76, and an 8 on a forged motor and 150 shot.

I want something 4 door, and I intend to do a mild build and small turbo. I have a 140 mile commute and a family. I see p71 cars built frequently, not so much with the TC.

I still have the forged DOHC from the LSC, along with the ecm. Car was rear ended.

I want a comfy car with some performance. They both have a sleeper quality.

So, is there anything about the TC that makes it unable to hold together like the Vic?

I need to figure it out soon. My Cruze was totalled hitting a deer, and I'm daily driving my z28.

Town Car and P71 have the same engines so the Town Car is capable of handling the same as the P71. I would go for the TC, you get the same parts prices if something goes wrong but you got a luxurious interior which is WAY nicer to look at. Now a TC might weight more since it's probably better insulated than a vic.

Weight is no big deal. It's just a fun daily driver. I have the z28 for fast, and I'm working on a deal on a 5.0 gt.

My concern was mainly the rest of the drivetrain. Are the Trans and rear end the same as the Vic, too?

Weight is no big deal. It's just a fun daily driver. I have the z28 for fast, and I'm working on a deal on a 5.0 gt.

My concern was mainly the rest of the drivetrain. Are the Trans and rear end the same as the Vic, too?

The trans is the same. From what I remember, the P71 has some heavy duty stuff like the stiffer shocks and alternator etc... The rear end was different too I think 3.27 (TC) vs 3.55 (P71).

There is already a turbo Town Car out there -- it's stupidly fast for mild mods too. The vids are on YouTube. The Cartier package might include the locking diff but they really started de-contenting them over their last few years.

Not enough Town Cars that are built up, they are the same as the P71 as far as mechanically, why not go for the nicer of the too. I vote TC.

Members online

Back