took a road trip

dNyce LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This is just a random post

My family and I took a road trip from MD to NC to TN. 18 hrs of driving, and I only see ONE ls...and that was in TN. stock silver gen 2 (ultimate)

I am always on the look out for other LS's when on rode trips as well. On my drive from WI to IN through Chicago yesterday I passed a white Gen 1 with a LSE bumper, white sport bumper and black GEN 1 LSE side skirts and rear valance. It was odd looking. A few miles from that one I passed a gold Gen II. I saw a couple in Milwaukee but none in good shape, a silver Gen I with painted black rear sport wheels and silver front ones, again it looked odd. I need to be quicker with my camera.

Most LS's I see are in rough shape. Mine is far from perfect but everything is intact and the paint isn't oxidized at least.

Over all years of Lincoln LS production only 245,522 were made (wikipedia). I think that really thats not a lot for a 6 year production run. Those of us with 06s are in a tight club only 8797 produced. I actually see them down here in Florida with some regularity, but it is less and less every year.

Most LS's I see are in rough shape. Mine is far from perfect but everything is intact and the paint isn't oxidized at least.

I see a lot of them too and I wonder how they can afford the repairs to keep it running.

+1 ^

Did you run thru the Deals Gap AKA the Dragon's Tail?

That would be high on my list of roads to run my LS on!

I haven't taken the car down yet but we did take the bikes down last year and it is worth the trip!!!! Rode it and the Cherohala Skyway. I am about 5 hours from it. For anyone in the Ohio / Michigan / Indiana who would like to kill a weekend backroading their cars in the area I live or over into WV, I know of a lot of great roads with killer views(pics).

Deal's Gap.jpg

CBR.jpg

I see a lot of them too and I wonder how they can afford the repairs to keep it running.

You're probably seeing it on its last leg. It died shortly thereafter.

I "chunk up the dueces". It's an LS thing that others won't understand.

I haven't taken the car down yet but we did take the bikes down last year and it is worth the trip!!!! Rode it and the Cherohala Skyway. I am about 5 hours from it. For anyone in the Ohio / Michigan / Indiana who would like to kill a weekend backroading their cars in the area I live or over into WV, I know of a lot of great roads with killer views(pics).

i didn't know you rode

+1. Whenever I see one in rough shape in a parking lot, I make sure to park next to/near it. :D

Marc,, I also try and take the bikes down there once a year! This would be a great place for an LS meet if we had a local that knew all the out of the way roads cause they all rock!! The gap itself can get crowded..

gappic1.jpg

i didn't know you rode

Yeah. I bought that one in 08. It is an 04 model and I modded it to death(Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, full Moriwaki exhaust, Tiforce restarts, gearing...for starters). Sold it back in March of this year. Mileage was getting up there(31,500).

Actively looking for an 09 cbr1000rr in Pearl White but the asking prices were too high this summer. 09 was the only year Honda made it in Pearl. Every other year is in Arctic White.

Marc,, I also try and take the bikes down there once a year! This would be a great place for an LS meet if we had a local that knew all the out of the way roads cause they all rock!! The gap itself can get crowded..

gappic1.jpg

Talbotway, I smell a trip next Summer as long as I buy another bike in the Spring. Sound like a plan?

I'd love to see someone with mad skills and a nice camera join the meet,, this area screams calendar shot!!

Dnyce,, my apologizes,, I didn't mean to jack your thread!!

Last edited:
I still want to know where in TN he is. Coming in from the NC side means he cannot be all that far from it.

my bad for the late reply, my phone is off (bummer) so i only have internet when im at the house.

im in Clarksville. got to drive thru the mountains in NC. Had to do it in a Grand Caravan tho.

Track US 129 from Knoxville over to the NC state line. The last 11 miles before the state line is the Dragon. We drop in from the north at Seveirville which is right in the Pigeon Forge area.

i saw about five in this area. two between two different car lots, one at window world, one at a wendy's (nice gen 2 in green w/ tint), and a cream color gen 2 v6

Marc, the last 11 miles of the mountains?

D definitely came in near it. Did you come in on I-40 toward Knoxville? Or did you take state routes t before hitting the interstate in TN.

Members online

No members online now.
Back