Took a Lexus IS350 out the other day...

Lincoln Luebbe

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Long story short my brother-in-law gets a dealer car where he works and he is always swapping them out when new stuff comes in. I showed up at his house the other day and this was in the driveway...

19's, custom exhaust, tint, etc. I am not a fan of Toyota but it was the first car I have been in with paddle shifters and I have to say I was impressed with the power. Definitely could give my LS a spank if it needed too :(

http://www.mtacautos.com/2007-Lexus-IS-350-Middletown-OH-290

Long story short my brother-in-law gets a dealer car where he works and he is always swapping them out when new stuff comes in. I showed up at his house the other day and this was in the driveway...

19's, custom exhaust, tint, etc. I am not a fan of Toyota but it was the first car I have been in with paddle shifters and I have to say I was impressed with the power. Definitely could give my LS a spank if it needed too :(

http://www.mtacautos.com/2007-Lexus-IS-350-Middletown-OH-290

I've always liked the IS-F's if the cars were a little bigger, i'd really dig them

Those are solid cars and very good engines.

I'll rock a Lexus as long as it's v8 and rwd.

lol the title excited the crap out of me. I thought you raced one!

sweet car tho, wouldnt mind owning one myself.

No, based upon my driving impressions if we raced I would lose :(. I looked it up, the IS350 had 306 HP for 2007.

and I would imagine with toyotas following, I imagine there are plenty of go fast bits out there for it.

No, based upon my driving impressions if we raced I would lose :(. I looked it up, the IS350 had 306 HP for 2007.

But only 277 torques. It's easy to raise HP numbers just by raising the redline. The ISXXX is about 500 pounds lighter than the LS.

+1 You are right LS4me. But 2nd and 3rd gear on the IS pull way harder than any gear on either of my LSes. It felt like more usable power around 3-4K and it rev matched shifts when down-shifting. I am just saying my LS would not beat that IS. 500 lbs is a lot to shed too.

Friend of mine has one. I have to say that it doesn't ride as nice as an LS does(comfortwise), but they are nice cars. I like the interiors in them.

I have driven an is350 before, it is mich quicker than the LS, even a second gen V8 one. Handles great and is very quiet.

Members online

No members online now.
Back