To Sell or not To Sell.......

02V8Sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I dumped a good chunk into my car loan and I dont owe a lot on my LS so I wouldnt be upside down on a trade anymore like before. I think its about time for the LS to go but cant decide on my next vehicle. I only have 1 requirement and that is it has to be turbocharged from the factory. With gas prices going way up I need to keep that in mind for the next car. I also have 2 kids so I NEED a 4 door car.

1. S60R which is quick out of the box and has some mods for it.
2. Suburu Legacy GT which has the WRX motor in it with TONS of mod potential.
3. MazdaSpeed 6
4. WRX too kiddish for my age
5. EVO too kiddish as well
6. Any others?????????

The LS was fun but a gas guzzling V8 that has 0 power in the summer is no fun either. These cars heat soak and barely move and I need something that will get up and go. Give me some suggestions!

My wife and I bought a Mercedes C230 Kompressor and love it. It gets 35mpg at 75mph. We had 4 adults (2 that are 250+) and a trunk load of stuff and averaged 80mph on the way to Chicago and still got 30mph!!

Not the fastest but it IS a BENZ!!

Good price too.:D
3028965_1_full.jpg

I have seen some pretty cool Legacy's out around here. I say go for that if the EVO and Sti are to kiddish for you.

Lexus LS 430 has a world of mod potential but they can be pricey and they aren't as good on gas, better than the LS but not that great.

The 430 is nice too but no more n/a cars for me. Turbo or superchargers only. I've seen some mean A4 quattros at the track. I want a S4 but impossible to find with low miles in the 01-02 TT years.

Well thats cool if you want it straight out the box but I seen some pretty bad ass boosted 430's.

IMO for a Luxury car it has some of the nicest aftermarket parts out as far as Kits and wheels and other stuff goes.

Even some of the slightly older Legacys can look nice.

A kid around Lopatcong has one with its fenders pulled way out and like 10" wide wheels. The tails are lightly smoked and he has this killer dual exhaust that sounds like a really bad ass STI. Im not sure about his headlights, they may be aftermarket but I know they have projectors in them. I seen the car pull up out front of my work one night to see what time we closed.

I want a S4 but impossible to find with low miles in the 01-02 TT years.

And when you find one even with high millage its still pricey.

I've boosted 2 n/a cars in the past with professional kits and they were more maintenance and upkeep than it was worth. I want to enjoy my car not repair. Thanks for the suggestion.

I 2nd the S60R, there is a small aftermarket for it and its $$$, but its a hot sleeper (like the LS).

btw, just sold my LS on Autotrader in less than a week - ~127k for $5k.

You might be better off selling the LS then trading it in. If I traded in the LS for my new car ('05 Nissan 350ZR), I would've lost money.

Good luck!

Midas, Tell me you kept the wheels, and are selling them to me... :D

Get a M bimmer or an AMG benz man. I have my eye on a good clean 03-06 CL55. That car is super sick, 0-60 4.3 and 1/4 in 12.4@114.5 according to motor trend.

I drove one and that thing is just off the hook, the acceleration is mind blowing.

It's kind of expensive and the parts are expensive, but it just has so much power and so much style...

Mercedes-Benz_CL-55_AMG2C_2003.jpg

Or how about this?

My335BK1.jpg

I looked at a legacy gt before I bought the LS. I wish I would have bought it now. They have a decent aftermarket and it's reasonably priced.

I was going to say M Series but it sounds like he wants something all wheel drive with some good boost.

Those new BMW's are starting to stray in looks IMO. I don't think the new look they have is as nice as a few years ago.

AWD and turbo. I found a 02 S4 with 36K that Im going to look at today.

Plus I refuse to spend more than $25K on a depreciating asset.

Just got a WRX and love it. The new ones aren't kiddish at all to me. The older style like mine is but I got a great deal on it. The new STIs are nice but I really don't like hatchbacks and that's all they come in right now. Mine has a bit of heat soak since the turbo gets so hot. But the hood scoop sucks in so much air into the intercooler and you can easily put a front mount i/c.

If you get say an 06-07 a lot of people remove the wings on it which makes it look a lot classier and the modding potential is unbelievable. So much stuff for them. Uppipe and turbo back exhaust alone can add 40-50hp. Combine that with a tune and your already as fast as an STI if not faster.

I like Legacy GTs but there isn't as much aftermarket for them. I checked out both and I will eventually get an 09 STI after the 08 bugs are worked out for first model year instead of the Legacy.

the TT S4's just have too much wrong with them for me to trust it.

I'd say go and check out the Subarus. Quick AWDs with good reliability and endless aftermarket and relatively cheaply priced. I think they are the most underrated cars on the road. I was just in your situation and did a lot of homework on this.

Subaru's are not underrated. They are very popular and get all the respect they deserve. They have such a distinct sound to them I swear I hear one go by every half hour or so.

I have been thinking on getting a 2.5 RS. IMO neither the new Subaru's or the older ones are kiddish just popular do to the easy power gains they have as well as the reliability factor and fair price. I love RWD but it also seems as if the AWD is a big hit with the younger crowed.

To me they are underrated except for a people who swear by them and see them as niche cars. Anytime I ask someone what they think a reliable car is, they say Honda or Toyota when to me, Subarus are just as good.

Why a 2.5? Why not a turbo?

Some are kiddish, just like the Evo. They can be riced out just like any other car but they can also be made to be awesome, classy, sleepers. I hate the spoilers but in all honesty they are functional. I took the wing off of mine and noticed it on the highway.

I'd say get an STI and de-wing it and make it your own or just go with the LGT and upgrade the power to hell on it and make it a crazy fast sleeper.

If you call every other car on the road underrated then I guess it is.

As far as why a 2.5? From the research I have done I found that hey can be turned into a bad ass car pretty easy with its support being so affordable. And doing a Turbo is not much of a hassle with it either.

No I just feel quailty wise they are. They aren't talked about as much and Honda and Toyotas are for reliability when they score just as well in Consumer Reports.

But you see quality wise is my point. If every other car on the road is a Subaru then they must be good quality and people obviously know it. Truth be said most of them aren't even hooked up for any looks or performance. Every few I see yes is tweaked but I see more even so left stock and driven by older women with perms.

I remember a friends mom way back owning a Justy and everyone I talked to about the thing told me I was nuts for hating on it cause they can be beaten into the ground, dug up and still be reliable. This was way back in the 80's and even today she still has the thing. The exterior is shot but the things motor is perfect.

I'd hate to ruin this thread, but have you considered an SRT4?

its affordable, 4 cylinder, turbocharged, 4 door, not HORRIBLE looking, and on the bright side its domestic.

as for mods, i haven't looked into it but they seem okay.

It might be called SRT4 but no matter what angle you look at it, its a NEON!!!

Yeah I know, thats why I held back from reporting it....J/K

Members online

Back