Tire Sizing

Calkins

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So, I need some new pizza cutters on my '93. What is the largest (widest) I can use with stock wheels and without trimming the body?

225/60-16 Stock
245/55-16 ?
255/55-16 ?
265/50-16 ?

Larger? What's everyone running?

I have run 255s just fine no problems .
I wouldn't go any wider on a stock rim that size
Is already technically to wide for a 6" rim

i used to use the miata one all the time but when they updated it
hasn't worked sense then

How do you guys get the tire shop to put different size tire on? Last time I was getting tires, they said they will only replace it with what the car originally came from. It was Sams Club though, so they might be more strict about it.

How do you guys get the tire shop to put different size tire on? Last time I was getting tires, they said they will only replace it with what the car originally came from. It was Sams Club though, so they might be more strict about it.

When I take my tires in, I put the car on stands and bring the tires in by themselves, then they will put on anything that fits. It's just a liability issue, blah blah blah

Okay, I was thinking maybe some shops don't care or something. I might just do that next time I am getting tires. Going from 225 to 255 should give much better traction on take offs and it would look more muscular.

I've never had a shop refuse to install a tire just because it's different than stock.. I mostly go to local shops, but Discount and Firestone have both done 255/50/16s on my Marks.

Members online

Back