tips

sinkuchump

LVC Member
Reaction score
i need your guys opion what kind of exaughst ( dnt knw how to spell) tips would look good on the rear end of a gen 1 mark ?

93 mark needs turn downs cause there is no hole cut in the rear bumper, Unless you hang the muffs lower.....but hell their already too low.

I had a place notch my rear bumper of my '94 so the muffler sat up higher. They were able to raise it up about 1 1/2" and probaly could have gone another 1/2"+ if they had notched the bottom of the bumper reinf, but I didn't want them to possibly weaken it in anyway.
The '95 up cars had factory notches in the cover...

93 mark needs turn downs cause there is no hole cut in the rear bumper, Unless you hang the muffs lower.....but hell their already too low.

The idea is "no mufflers" for me. I don't have any now and love the sound. I did buy new Flowmasters for it but I'm hearing that they hollow out on you to quick and sound bad so I still have them new in the box. I'm just going with 1, maybe 2 X-pipes and no mufflers. Pipe bender will take care of the rest and I can make the tips set right where I want them. A bumper cover can be notched out also, especially on a black car and go un-noticed.

I've had flows on my mark for three years now, still sound great. Best aftermarket muffler in my opinon.:cool:

I've had flows on my mark for three years now, still sound great. Best aftermarket muffler in my opinon.:cool:

I'm thinking of a way of going with the X, which is an OEM Shelby GT 500 X pipe and then going into the flowmasters mid way and then go out the back with pipes only. I don't want any mufflers in the back at all. If they have lasted you 3 years, I'll give them a try instead of selling them.

let em hang low, turn downs are gay, had straight dual tips on my mark, looked great, now i am planning on going out the sides

yeah i cut off all my cats and i put 2 glass packs on and they are dumped off under the car near the tranny and its really lound and sounds mean but the compression is horible and on the highway it has a bad drone i will post a video of it on line and some pics of my car

im going to get my pipes done and have true duals that are going to be 2.5 inch pipe all the way back but i thought about cutting off my cats by the motor idk if thats a good idea or not ?

yeah i cut off all my cats and i put 2 glass packs on and they are dumped off under the car near the tranny and its really lound and sounds mean but the compression is horible and on the highway it has a bad drone i will post a video of it on line and some pics of my car

im going to get my pipes done and have true duals that are going to be 2.5 inch pipe all the way back but i thought about cutting off my cats by the motor idk if thats a good idea or not ?

So do you have cats or not? Are you saying that you put glasspacks in place of the resonator? Either way, the front cats are a PITA to mess with. The drivers cat & the manifold are one unit, so trying to cut them off will suck ballz. you could replace them with headers but that's pricy.

Last edited:

There is no way you cut off all your cats, you would have had to taken your motor damn near out to get at that drivers side cat, then you put glass packs on, bad idea

no no no sorry i cut all the resonators off my bad but yeah i think im going to get new headers but i knw some one with a mark. he told me that he cut the cats in half and gutted them and welded them back withc i think he is full of it on that cause that seems verry difficult but anyways i am also thinking about cut outs

hey mark viii 93 how do u like ur exhaust set up ? dose it sound good and what type of muffler are u using and what size pipes are those

Members online

No members online now.
Back