Timing chain tensioner cost?

Hi there, have a 2001 lsv8 and the timing chain is making a racket and have been told its the timing chain tensioner, how much am I looking at for just the tensioners? Car is a project so currently not driving.

By whom? Our advise here is worth exactly what you paid for it. For an absolutely accurate answer you would be better off having a competent, experienced mechanic check it out. Our answers here are based on others' experiences. I, for one, would sure hate it if you made a repair based on a suggestion here and it was wrong!

YMMV

Agreed! Someone saw the video I put up and mentioned it sounds exactly like the timing chain tensioner.

I'll take an in depth video of the car for you guys when I get home. Then you can see what I'm dealing with.

subscribed!
popcorn.gif

(big fan of the Timing Chain Tensioners.)

not really something that can be diagnosed on the internet. take it to lincoln/ford dealer. abs = brakes (not causing the noise). lean code is not good, but its just another question mark, not an answer. its another issue that you can have lincoln look into.

in terms of pricing parts: motorcraft.com, 'tasca' parts, 'ford parts giant', call around to your local ford/lincoln dealers, auto parts websites, ebay, junk yards, car-part.com

you gotta figure out what part youre lookin for first tho.

Members online

No members online now.
Back