thoughts?

Andy

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hows it going this is my first post on here! im 17 years old i know i'm pretty young lol but I don't want to make a dumb choice so i figured I would come on here and get some opinions. Heres the story: I've always loved Cadillacs and wanted to purchase one for my first car. There weren't any that were worth purchasing back in February so I figured I'd go with the one of the other best known american luxury brands and bought a 2001 Lincoln LS. Of course now only 5 months later a 2000 Cadillac Deville is for sale in my area and boy do i want it. would i be making the wrong decision if i were to sell my LS for the Deville? In all honestly i do not know much about cars but id love to learn. I don't mean to sound like a ungreatful lil s.o.b either lol I am more then greatful to own the LS.

The lincoln I own now is a 2001 Ls with 90k miles
the cadillac I want is a 2000 Deville with also 90k miles

I am a big fan of 2000-2005 Devilles and I understand how you feel, in my area you hardly ever see a 2000-2005 Deville for sale, whenever I do see one for sale I always stop to look at it. I know the 2000 Devilles can have head gasket issues dispite GM's attempt to try and fix it. They seemed to have had success after 2002 so I would look for one 2002 or newer. A lot of people will try and tell you the Northstar is a terrible engine and too keep the LS, the LS seem to be a popular topic on this site, but they forget to mention that the junk Northstars are from the 1990's, after 2002 they are basically bulletproof I've seen plenty last well over 400,000 miles without a head gasket issue or any other problem they had in the 90's. The LS is a nice car but I would take a Deville over an LS any day.

Members online

No members online now.
Back