This should be fun.....

scjmc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well bad weather is coming. Wish us luck (me and the 06)... The last actual hurricane we had flooded out all of my vehicles, but this one shouldn't be strong enough for that.

I live under the green X.

issac.gif

Truly hope you, and everyone else in the path, makes it through safely and with little property loss.

Good luck, these things are far more interesting to experience mid ocean, especially at night when the bridge watch can't figure out where the troughs are.

USS Halyburton, FFG-40 '93-'95 in the same area the 'Perfect Storm' was written about. Four FFG's doing laps with the George Washington. Saw the other FFG's prop and bow sonar come out of the water. As we ran low on fuel it was realized we could not refuel from the carrier because they were rolling too much and their 70' high flight deck would hit our mast.

Want some salt or napkins with your dinner, catch it as it slides by on the floor. Berthing looks like a tornado went through it, shove your boots under your mattress to keep you in your rack. Fun times.

Stay safe and keep your beer cold.
Jamie

Good luck. Maybe you could get a nice calendar shot outta this situation.

They don't make you evacuate or anything,

Good luck, these things are far more interesting to experience mid ocean, especially at night when the bridge watch can't figure out where the troughs are.

USS Halyburton, FFG-40 '93-'95 in the same area the 'Perfect Storm' was written about. Four FFG's doing laps with the George Washington. Saw the other FFG's prop and bow sonar come out of the water. As we ran low on fuel it was realized we could not refuel from the carrier because they were rolling too much and their 70' high flight deck would hit our mast.

Want some salt or napkins with your dinner, catch it as it slides by on the floor. Berthing looks like a tornado went through it, shove your boots under your mattress to keep you in your rack. Fun times.

Stay safe and keep your beer cold.
Jamie

A friend of mine showed video from the G Dub a few years back when he went though a typhoon. Waves were crashing over the flight deck and hitting the bridge windows. Crazy!!

Well the worst is over. It was not as bad as expected, so thats good news!!

It looks oddly similar to Katrina. Weaker so far. I'm in Dallas but we get winded up here even.

man, if there is one good thing about living in Michigan, its that its pretty much hurricane proof. that is an evil that i dont wish up on anybody, even honda drivers!

anybody in its path, be smart, be careful, and good luck.

man, if there is one good thing about living in Michigan, its that its pretty much hurricane proof. that is an evil that i dont wish up on anybody, even honda drivers!

The one good thing about a Hurricane is you can see it coming well before it gets here. Unlike most other natural disasters you can prepare for it. They are also fairly easy to outrun assuming you have access to open road and/or the money. I just buy a couple weeks of water and canned/preserved/dry/etc food and plan to ride it out. The only ones I usually run from are the cat4/5 hurricanes. Those are just unreal in destructive power. The last one that came close I ended up flying the famdamnily up to Indiana for 3 days to visit relatives. Worked out nice since they had extra room and all.

The storm bands started rolling in here about an hour ago. So far just a lot of heavy rain. I got my beach chair and beer ready to ride the storm out. All we are really going to get here in Tampa is just an ungodly amount of rain and some moderate wind. The bigger problem will be flooding in the area. I'm high and dry but a lot of the immediate area I am in floods in a heavy continued rain.

Remember kids, open your door a little if you are driving through an unknown puddle. If you see the water come up to the door then stop and back-up. You can't make it. Nothing will ruin your day like trying to float an LS across a puddle. These things seem to have enough electrical problems when they are working right. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back