This one goes out to you air suspension gurus.

Modular97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
ok my peoples as some of you know my car is currently on springs but im going to be switching to air suspension soon. I bought the set of front and rear bags from Nolan and ill be installing them soon after I get a new compressor. Now what im worried about is that my suspension wont work b/c I cut the CHEKCK AIR RIDE SUSPENSION wire, well not me somebody did it for me. But if I install my air suspension will I have any issues or would I have to repin the wire??? Your help is greatly appreciated as always.

I'm riding the line.
Not sure which way I'm going to go yet. Still have till summer to think about it.
Front bags are in good shape, lose no air and are only about 5 to 6 years old...maybe 40,000 miles on them. Bought the compressor/drier at the same time I replaced the front bags. (purchased) from the ford dealer before they disappeared.
Rear bags are shot, 21 years old and lose air over night.
I been looking into 1.5 lowered springs but hate to lose the air ride at the same time.
Air suspension still works great, but is parked till summer time.
What do you guys think? Should I get a couple new rear bags from somewhere for at the most $250 or go 1.5 lowered spring conversion for around $500?

Without air suspension, a Mark VIII is just a T-Bird in a silk suit. :)

LOL, I am a lower income person that has owned my car for 8 years, I fought and fought the air it can be expensive. I had to go springs got a used kit (less than a year use) for 100.00. I was spending almost twice that on front bags seem like yearly.

Hey Modular, by any chance do you know the front shocks you have on the car right now?

Members online

No members online now.
Back