This is the vile hatred that the Democrats and leftists are encouraging

Wow 5 pages of BS...and your right back were you started in Post #2 :rolleyes:

I know - it is so frustrating!!!! Shag can't prove the connection so he tries to throw the kitchen sink of debating terms out there in hopes of confusing the issue....:p

Wow - starting page 6.

Welcome to 1993 yall. Watch out! The mississippi river is about to kick back. And those terrorist attacks on the WTC weren't set up by the government this time. :shifty: :D

Welcome to 1993 yall. Watch out! The mississippi river is about to kick back. And those terrorist attacks on the WTC weren't set up by the government this time. :shifty: :D
Mr Wiggles - step away from the...
bush_bong.jpg

Shag, before we get any further.... I would like for you to really back your headline... You keep saying that you have, but you haven't. You can by doing these two things.

You have never answered me when I have asked where is the proof that these people were reacting to something democrats were saying. You have link after link that shows democrats talking - however, there isn't any place where you create the connection between the words of the Dems causing the actions of the people in the story.
Show me where you have created this connection between the left/Dems and the people in this article.

Not only that, you have never ruled out all of the other sources that have also 'talked' about the unfairness of the bonuses.
Prove to me that it wasn't Grassley's words that drove these people to do this. Show me how you know that these people didn't listen night after night to Fox News going on about how unfair the bonuses were, and their actions weren't the direct result of Fox's news coverage.
Show me where you have ruled out the other sources that have talked about the unfairness of the bonuses in reference to the people in the article.

Show me, before March 26th, 2009, 12:05 PM where you had already proven that this was true. It isn't good form to post an article with a 'made-up' headline, unless the article directly supports the headline.

No, shag you were claiming the Dems were encouraging the specific actions. By using the word 'this' in conjunction with 'vile hatred' you were referring to the very specific actions within the article. If you cannot show a direct link your headline is false. If you want to just generalize this you would need to say 'This is the type of vile hatred...." But, you didn't do that. You set up the story as 'the' example of vile hatred. You have to connect the two.

You want rudeness - because it is the only thing you understand? You have consciously lied with your headline, you cannot prove it.

If you cannot answer these...

Show me where you have created this connection between the left/Dems and the people in this article.
Show me where you have ruled out the other sources that have talked about the unfairness of the bonuses in reference to the people in the article.
Your headline is a lie.

shaggie is *owned*

Wow 5 pages of BS...and your right back were you started in Post #2 :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I have to put up with and counter the dishonestly, stubbornness and vindictiveness of a few. Those vices on the part of a few are what have lead to this thread being 6 pages.

Shag, before we get any further.... I would like for you to really back your headline... You keep saying that you have, but you haven't. You can by doing these two things.

This whole post is nothing more then a dishonest and disingenuous attempt to shift the burden of proof onto me and raise the goalposts.

Here is an explanation of shifting the burden of proof appropriate to this discussion:
Shifting the Burden of Proof – occurs when speakers do not prove their own claims while forcing others to prove them
Here is an explanation of moving the goalposts:
Moving the goalpost, also known as raising the bar, is an informal logically fallacious argument in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded
To accomplish this dishonesty with the burden of proof, you continue with the mischaracterization of my argument starting with citing your loaded question...
You have never answered me when I have asked where is the proof that these people were reacting to something democrats were saying
That question assumes the mischaracterization of what I claimed that you keep asserting. It is a loaded question and I have refused to answer it.
Loaded question...is an informal fallacy or logical fallacy. It is committed when someone asks a question that presupposes something that has not been proven or accepted by all the people involved. This fallacy is often used rhetorically, so that the question limits direct replies to those that serve the questioner's agenda
It is a deceptive attempt to get me to accept and legitimize you lie.

Then, you continue to assert you mischaracterization with this line...
there isn't any place where you create the connection between the words of the Dems causing the actions of the people in the story.
You are already predicating your demands on a false premise (your blatant mischaracterization). One that has been disproven multiple times in this thread. I am through disproving this over and over. I have proven what I said, I am not going to prove your lies about what I said. It is deceptive for you to try to get me to.

You give this flawed explanation as justification for your mischaracterization...
...you were claiming the Dems were encouraging the specific actions. By using the word 'this' in conjunction with 'vile hatred' you were referring to the very specific actions within the article. If you cannot show a direct link your headline is false. If you want to just generalize this you would need to say 'This is the type of vile hatred...." But, you didn't do that. You set up the story as 'the' example of vile hatred. You have to connect the two.
Your argument is deceptively equating hatred, an emotion, with actions. emotions and actions are different things. Actions can be based in emotions, but they are not the same thing.

My claim was never referring to the actions in the article but the hatred those actions are based in and that those actions represent.

Then, you end with this demand that ties it all together...
Your headline is a lie.
So instead of doing your typical passive aggressive shtick, you are flat out being aggressive. Hence to demands.

However, you have yet to provide a logical justification for your claim that I am somehow connecting the Dems/left directly to the actions in the article (kinda hard to do when you are trying to justify a lie).

Your aggression simply makes it all the more clear that you are trying to deceptively force me to have to disprove your lie; this time through aggressive demands, instead of your normal passive aggressive methods. You are shifting the burden of proof.

In fact, what you are doing (shifting the burden of proof) is an evasion/deflection technique to avoid having to justify your claim. Sorry, the burden of proof is on you to first prove your assertion, not on me to disprove it.

Oh, before I forget, you still need to answer these questions that you have been avoiding:
  • Do you think fallacious arguments are a valid form of debate?
  • Do you think fallacious arguments should go unchallenged (as to their logical nature) in a debate?
You want rudeness - because it is the only thing you understand?

No, I just want honesty. But that is clearly something you don't understand. :rolleyes:

Shag. She did answer the two questions about fallacious arguments. Stop doing that.

Your headline is a lie.

I am not asking for anything other than proof that your headline is correct as stated. You wrote the headline - you need to prove it - there isn't any 'rule of debate' or 'type of fallacy' that is going to get you out of this shag...

As a measure of good faith, because, once again, you erroneously think I haven't answered them, over and over and over again...

* Do you think fallacious arguments are a valid form of debate? No
* Do you think fallacious arguments should go unchallenged (as to their logical nature) in a debate? Yes whoops - edit - I am tired...
This has to do with what I talked about earlier - aggghhhh - it has to do with how many can I answer - some will go unchallenged...

Now, this debate goes no further until prove your headline. Which I have been asking for since post 2.
So, shag, is this an assumption - your headline that you added? This one - This is the vile hatred that the Democrats and leftists are encouraging? The article you posted doesn't make that statement, or support your headline.

Your headline is a lie.

Again, I have proven the headline countless times. When you say that I need to prove the connection between the Dems/left and the people (or actions) in the article, you are mischaracterizing my argument. I never said (or implied) there was a direct connection. I connected the dems/left to the hatred/populist anger directed toward AIG. All the evidence I have provided points to that. The article connects those action and the people perpetrating those actions to that same populist anger/hatred.

You are glossing over that hatred as the mechanism that connects the two, and expecting proof of a direct connection between the Dems/left and those perpetrating the actions in the article. That is never what I was arguing or what I claimed in the headline. When you gloss over that hatred as the mechanism connecting the two, it inherently mischaracterizes my argument.

As to ruling out other sources; that is irrelevant to the the claim in the original headline. As I have pointed out a number of times, weather or not some other sources were also encouraging things doesn't change the fact that the Dems/left were encouraging this. Nor does it disprove that this was chiefly being encouraged by Dems/leftist.

If I had claimed that the Dems/leftists, and only the Dems/leftist were encouraging this anger, then that would be a valid counterpoint. But considering that I didn't claim that, the point about other sources is only a red herring that serves to misdirect the argument. I am not going to legitimize that red herring by treating it as a legitimate counter point that needs to be disproven.

And all the talk about income distribution or whatever being "unfair" justifies nothing. If they are upset about some difference in income distribution, they are simply reacting to envy; a vice. It is exceedingly irresponsible and unethical for politicians, through political posturing, and organizations (like ACORN), through astroturfing to legitimize and encourage that envy. It is nothing more then playing off peoples emotions for opportunistic gain.

As a measure of good faith, because, once again, you erroneously think I haven't answered them, over and over and over again...

* Do you think fallacious arguments are a valid form of debate? No
* Do you think fallacious arguments should go unchallenged (as to their logical nature) in a debate? No

That is all I was asking for. A simple, direct and honest answer.

I never said (or implied) there was a direct connection.

Yes, you did - just read the headline... It is a proclamation that states a direct connection.

As to ruling out other sources; that is irrelevant to the the claim in the original headline.

No it isn't irrelevant - if you cannot rule out other sources then how do you know that it is the left/Dems that caused these people (or any others) to act?

So, since I am apparently dense - please prove your headline Shag.

Yes, you did - just read the headline... It is a proclamation that states a direct connection.

Where? It only connects the dems to the anger that was the motivation behind the actions. It is only your mischaracterization of my claim that claims a "direct connection". If you are glossing over the hatred as the connecting mechanism, you are mischaracterizing my argument.

No it isn't irrelevant - if you cannot rule out other sources then how do you know that it is the left/Dems that caused these people (or any others) to act?

I never claimed that the Dems caused these people to act. I only ever claimed that the Dems/left encouraged the hatred that these actions stem from. They are not the same thing.

Other people and/or organizations can be encouraging this hatred too and my point would still stand.

If ACORN (or other leftist organizations) and/or the Dems are encouraging this hatred in some fashion then my point that the Dems/leftist are encouraging this hatred is proven.

If the NRA and, say, Rush Limbaugh were also encouraging that hatred, my point would still stand. Weather or not people/organization other then Dems and leftist are encouraging that hatred is irrelevant to my claim because my claim doesn't rule out the possibility of people and/or organizations who are not Dems/leftists also encouraging that hatred.

So, since I am apparently dense - please prove your headline Shag.

Fine!
  • The Democrats created this mess by creating and passing the legislation that specifically allowed for these bonuses; they passed this with full knowledge and no oversight
  • When the bonuses were paid, Democrats expressed vehement indication that was clearly false because they knew about this all along.
  • They conducted hearings and made sure to publicly demonize there people. The Democrats illegally taxed, threatened to "name names" and generally worked to intimidate and disingenuously marginalize these people through what is basically a witch hunt that the left created.
  • Leftist organizations, like ACORN (who Obama worked for) have seen fit to bus people to these execs houses and protest in front of those homes and at their jobs.
  • Vandalizing has occurred as well death threats as a result of the false indignation of the left here.
  • even internationally, leftist anti-capitalist groups have taken to violent measures to intimidate these people and unjustly punish them.
  • This has caused a number of execs to leave their jobs due, at least in part, to safety concerns. Some of these execs have even received death threats against themselves and their families.
In this video, dated 3/17/09, Chuck Schumer tried to bully the AIG employees and Barney Frank calls for retaliation from the government as an owner of the company.
YouTube - AIG paid 73 employees bonuses of $1 million or more; 11 of whom are no longer there

Here is a video (dated 3/16/09) of Lawrence Summers (Director of the White House's National Economic Council for Obama), Christina Romer (Obama's Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers) and Barney Frank (as well as Mitch McConnell) expressing disingenuous shock, dishonestly trying to blame Bush (claim that the problem was inherited when the law allowing this was created under and signed by Obama) and making a veiled call for retaliatory firings. It is an example of what was on the Sunday news shows and indicative of what was on the nightly news during this whole incident
YouTube - TPMtv: Sunday Show Roundup: Whatcha Gonna Do?

Here is a video of Barney Frank and the AIG CEO at the congressional hearing where Frank refuses to give AIG Families Confidentiality Despite Death Threats and calls for the names of those who received bonuses and didn't return them. Can you say intimidation?
YouTube - Barney Frank Won't Give AIG Families Confidentiality Despite Death Threats

In this video from March 18th, 2009, Obama says he is "outraged" by these actions despite the fact that he knew about the bonuses and signed into law a bill allowing for their payment. He then capitalized on that anger in the video and later on when, in a meeting with bank CEO's he said, "My administration...is the only thing between you and the pitchforks.”
YouTube - President Obama Talks about AIG Bonuses at Town Hall - 03/18/09

All this evidence shows that the Democrats are legitimizing the populist anger toward AIG and, thus, perpetuating and encouraging it. That populist anger is what the actions in the article in post #1 are based it.

All you have been able to do to is falsely (as I have proven) claim that my argument is fallacious, or try and mischarcterize the evidence as "anecdotal" when it is circumstantial and/or direct evidence.

If you aren't doing that, then you are mischaracterizing my argument and ignoring that hatred as the connecting mechanism.

Which one are you gonna do next? :rolleyes:

Shag - until you can directly link the Dems/Left to the people/actions in this article, and until you can show that the actions could have only been caused by the Dems/Left, your headline remains unproven.

Not one of those items you posted creates the link between the people who made those phone calls and emails in the article and the left. Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc

Even though you stacked the deck I noticed that you didn't post Grassley's very damning interview, or Inhofe's speech, how about DeMint's comments or any of the commentators on Fox that decried the AIG bonuses... Nowhere have you shown where it could have been only the Dems/Left that could have possibly inspired those people in the article to write the emails and make the phone calls.

So, prove the headline shag.

Once again, shag - isn't this headline crafted to place blame, and create an atmosphere of 'hate' towards the left? It doesn't reflect what was stated in the article, it appears to reflect your own hatred of the left. You can't back your headline with proof, but continue to argue that it is 'true' in some odd circular fashion, as though you were on some singular mission to smear the left by any means possible.

And note - see I know fallacy too... I just don't think it is necessary to label it as such each time I point it out - but, since you insist... ;)

Fox, you can raise the burden of proof all you want, but Shag's last post was what you call a 'preponderance of evidence.' I'm satisfied that he's proven his headline.

I doubt anybody else but the trolls are paying attention anymore anyway.

But, Foss, I can probably post 20 items where Republicans/right wing commentators are going on about how terrible the bonuses are (check back I have quite a few links too...) - I can also stack the deck. However, not one thing shag has posted is a damning as Grassley's - “The first thing that would make me feel a little bit better towards them if they’d follow the Japanese model and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say I’m sorry, and then either do one of two things — resign, or go commit suicide.”

He can't rule out all the other people who have been commenting negatively on the bonus situation, therefore he can't, for a certainty, create the link he needs to between the actions of the people in the article and the dems/left.

And yep, it is just a few people now - but, oddly, a lot of lurkers I think... lots of views... weird...

But, Foss, I can probably post 20 items where Republicans/right wing commentators are going on about how terrible the bonuses are (check back I have quite a few links too...) - I can also stack the deck. However, not one thing shag has posted is a damning as Grassley's - “The first thing that would make me feel a little bit better towards them if they’d follow the Japanese model and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say I’m sorry, and then either do one of two things — resign, or go commit suicide.”

He can't rule out all the other people who have been commenting negatively on the bonus situation, therefore he can't, for a certainty, create the link he needs to between the actions of the people in the article and the dems/left.

And yep, it is just a few people now - but, oddly, a lot of lurkers I think... lots of views... weird...
This isn't restricted to the bonus situation, and you know it. Want me to take you back over the last 8 years of Bush, starting with Harry Reid calling him a 'loser?'

This isn't restricted to the bonus situation, and you know it. Want me to take you back over the last 8 years of Bush, starting with Harry Reid calling him a 'loser?'
Republicans criticized Bush too... How about what the 'Newtster' said about Bush? He stated that Bush, "provided three case studies in arrogance, isolation, and destructiveness: Michael Brown during Hurricane Katrina, Ambassador Bremer in Baghdad, and Secretary Paulson at Treasury...No conservative and no Republican should doubt how much it has hurt our cause and our party."

I don't understand what this has to do with this article - ah, nothing...

But, since you know that it is impossible to isolate the 'perpetrators' (Shag's assertion that the Dems/Lefts are to blame), let's misdirect... ;)

Republicans criticized Bush too... How about what the 'Newtster' said about Bush? He stated that Bush, "provided three case studies in arrogance, isolation, and destructiveness: Michael Brown during Hurricane Katrina, Ambassador Bremer in Baghdad, and Secretary Paulson at Treasury...No conservative and no Republican should doubt how much it has hurt our cause and our party."
Tsk tsk, fox, how many times do I have to post the tu quoque pic for you? :rolleyes:

Punch-Tu_Quoque_1904.jpg

And your little post, Foss was....

red_herring2.gif

Isn't this fun :p

Oh, you should resize your little illustration - it blows the parameters of this forum -

Why does the article have to "prove" the subject title of the thread.
He has used the article as a tool to discuss the topic and as a representation of class hatred that he associates with the Democrats in Congress and their operatives. Through the thread he elaborates and provides additional context, support, and facts to support his finding.

Debating that the initial article is insufficient is absolutely absurd when Shag goes on to elaborate quite extensively, and introduce additional examples, through out the thread.

Now, does anyone scare to address the points Shag has made, or is it just too much easier to shift focus onto the subject title of the thread.

Members online

Back