Thinking about getting ride of the ls for a mks please help

Onefreshls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm thinking about getting ride of my ls for a mks fully loaded but I'm not 100% sure I have always loved the car but not sure please help with any info you guys have on the mks thanks guys

The only help I can give is that I think you meant to use the word "rid" and not
"ride."

rid [rɪd]
vb rids, ridding, rid, ridded (tr)
1. (foll by of) to relieve or deliver from something disagreeable or undesirable; make free (of) to rid a house of mice
get rid of to relieve or free oneself of (something or someone unpleasant or undesirable)

ride (rd)
v. rode (rd), rid·den (rdn), rid·ing, rides
v.intr.
1. To be carried or conveyed, as in a vehicle or on horseback.
2. To travel over a surface: This car rides well.
3. To move by way of an intangible force or impetus; move as if on water: The President rode into office on a tide of discontent.
4. Nautical To lie at anchor: battleships riding at the mouth of the estuary.
5. To seem to float: The moon was riding among the clouds.
6. To be sustained or supported on a pivot, axle, or other point.
7. To be contingent; depend: The final outcome rides on the results of the election.
8. To continue without interference: Let the matter ride.
9. To work or move from the proper place, especially on the body: pants that ride up.
v.tr.
1. To sit on and move in a given direction: rode a motorcycle to town; ride a horse to the village.
2. To travel over, along, or through: ride the highways.
3. To be supported or carried on: a swimmer riding the waves.
4. To take part in or do by riding: He rode his last race.
5. To cause to ride, especially to cause to be carried.
6. Nautical To keep (a vessel) at anchor.
7. Informal
a. To tease or ridicule.
b. To harass with persistent carping and criticism.
8. To keep partially engaged by slightly depressing a pedal with the foot: Don't ride the clutch or the brakes.
n.
1. The act or an instance of riding, as in a vehicle or on an animal.
2. A path made for riding on horseback, especially through woodlands.
3. A device, such as one at an amusement park, that one rides for pleasure or excitement.
4. A means of transportation: waiting for her ride to come.

Make an addition to the LS in buying the MKS. You currently own the last RWD car Lincoln ever produced.

Hmmmmmm......

Trade in an excellently handling, excellently balanced RWD car for a nose heavy FWD appliance......

There's a reason there are currently no Lincolns in my future. Sure, the MkS looks sweet, but you still have to drive it. It may handle well for what it is, but you won't be able to do what you can in the LS. I took my niece on a twisty road the other day as she said she likes curvy roads. She was quite surprised at just how fast we were taking the twisties! I only got tire squeal twice! Her parents have a couple of FWD appliances.

Anyway, do what you want. If you're going there, how about the Taurus SHO?

One, if memory serves me correct(correct me if I am wrong), you had a thread a few months ago about "possibly" selling your car. To me, this is somewhat of an already visited topic.

I think there was a couple of those threads. What's the mileage reading now on the ls, you wanna upgrade to a fwd conti instead?:p... seriously, your ls is super clean. why do you keep contemplating on selling it?

If you can get ahold of him talk to the member BrklynExpress. He traded in his LS for an AWD Ecoboost MKS and had nothing but issues with it. Blown transmission, crap handling, misfires within a year of owning it. Sorely missed his LS. Your call though but I'd personally wait a few more years until they work all the kinks out.

Yeah, ride it in man. The MKS has killer looks and power, as well as fuel economy. Can't go wrong!

Mks?

Car and Driver has a bad rating on that Lincoln,Poor bang for the buck high maintenance,front wheel drive,six cylinder (WEAK ) shall i go on keep your LS youll be happier in the long run.
A new car only feels new once and when it wears off you are still paying for something different Only.

Yea thanks guys still thinking about selling it

You seem to not enjoy the LS. seen multipe threads/posts where you mention wanting to sell it.

Lots of guys on here would love to have an 06, and even more so one thats paid off. The MKS is nice and all but the LS just cant be compared.

I've thought about an mks before. I've seen ecoboost ones with the appearance package and under 40k go for 28-30grand. But I'm not going to pay 28 grand for a car that my ls out performs. The handling and steering just don't even compare. If I did get an mks I would for sure do this, in addition to monochroming the window trim as all, lowering kit, tint, and some oter stuff. And it still wouldn't even compare to my ls in looks and performance both. IMO. http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/ma.html

Well in performance aspect they are faster and awd but still fwd biased and im sure they dont handle as well as the LS. Im sure they dont sound as good either.

They also have even more electronics...hence more to go wrong.

It all depends what YOU look for in a car. Not all cars are created equal and the LS and MKS seem to be two very different cars. I've heard the 09 MKS are complete crap though for maintenance, but what do you expect for a first year of a car being produced? I've heard the newer ones are better from what I've read. I'd suggest looking at a 2011 or newer but that's going to be more expensive.

Members online

No members online now.
Back