Think they will ever make a Mark VIIII (9)?

21stcenturygadgetguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey All! I was on google the other day, and found this pic of a Lincoln Mark VIIII (9) concept car. What are your thoughts? Think they will ever make it? Do you like it?

Lincoln-Mark-9-Coupe.jpg

Lincoln-Mark-9-Coupe-rear.jpg

I wish they'd make it... I'd be in line to buy one (well... a USED one anyway; I'm not into getting raped)

Not bad, could do with some headlights that don't resemble those of a Cadillac though.

funny this topic came up because i was looking at the exact same stuff as gadgetguy. i think its a shame they're not making this car, it would compliment the mark 8 well due to the fact that i think it complements class, style and most probably a crazy suped up engine to boot. i went on youtube and found the lincoln MKR. This is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kA1BtFqDvk

personally, i think the roof is stupid. Too much glass. the lights in the back are nice but i think the mark 8 has a better appearence and the grill is a little to bold. what do you guys think?

funny this topic came up because i was looking at the exact same stuff as gadgetguy. i think its a shame they're not making this car, it would compliment the mark 8 well due to the fact that i think it complements class, style and most probably a crazy suped up engine to boot. i went on youtube and found the lincoln MKR. This is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kA1BtFqDvk

personally, i think the roof is stupid. Too much glass. the lights in the back are nice but i think the mark 8 has a better appearence and the grill is a little to bold. what do you guys think?

Saw that at the philly auto show, it was sooo sexy in person the mks is the four door and they both had lincoln emblems on the treads:eek: :eek: And i think the taillight kick bootay!!

Those headlights are a little small, don't ya think? Didn't they learn from the Gen1 Marks?

I think that most of the new concepts are nutty looking!

Well I wouldn't be able to afford it for about 15 years. LOL By then all the toys would be broken.

And what is it with Lincoln and that damn cream interior. Have you ever tried to keep that clean!!! But I guess the buyer of that car new wouldn't be doing it themself.

Or making it a better car.

I wish they never would have stopped the Mark line :( how many resurrection efforts have been successful :eek: ?

love the front n rear end, engine!!!! OMGoodness!!!!! drewlinnnnn on the engine. The interior....well they busted up my cockpit, what is this passenger stuff... screw the passenger, anything on that dash should be an extension of what I want..the roof, cool idea the emblem in all, agree with ya sick, way too much glass and you on color too Rich, the metal trim...not too flesh friendly!!!!!, doors, love it!!!! windows too small!! looks like a stupid 300,, OH NO they didn't!!!, GIVE ME BACK MY LEATHER FULL BACK SEAT - are you crazy man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this car sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo MUCH ><

I don't understand why they didn't make it. For me this is the ultimate luxury coupe. Especially ESPECIALLYYYY the concept art one

Isn't there a way we can all make a petition for Lincoln to make this???

lincoln-mark9-3-72.jpg

lincoln-mk9-01.jpg

lincoln-mk9-03.jpg

I mean honestlyyyyy

how can you design a car like that and not make it??? It's so perfect

GRRR

Maybe if they put the steering wheel on the left side... Looks like a mini Cadillac Sixteen, won't be built. If there is a Mark IX, it won't be for at least a decade, there's no large Ford coupe to build it from as it is.

I can't believe I am saying this...that interior is hideous...maybe it's this cold I have let me look again....nope...not the cold. Love everything...even the white i interior I could bear, but that..no. Still love it love it love it.

thanks for the pics hun! smooches! MsM8

:I :eek2:
I can't believe I am saying this...that interior is hideous...maybe it's this cold I have let me look again....nope...not the cold. Love everything...even the white i interior I could bear, but that..no. Still love it love it love it.

thanks for the pics hun! smooches! MsM8

Ford did it before with the LS and S-type, so here goes...

Take Jaguar's new XF, slightly rework the body and make it a 2 door. That's a Mark IX. We leased a new Jag Vanden Plas for my wife two years ago. It's a really nice car and very well behaved. When my Navigator goes, I'm seriously thinking of getting the supercharged XF.

Best regards,
Frank C

Unless Ford sells Jaguar to that "curry R us" company, in which case forget about it!

don't even ask me to find it or try to rattle the rust in my head loose enough to search for it, but there is what was at one time labeled the Mark X concept in Motortrend. I would never pay more than 20G's for a car, but if they made that, I'd pay over invoice.

Looks good. I'm impressed. Now that Ford's dump Jaguar, Lincoln may get alot more attention.

Members online

No members online now.
Back