Theres no conti section

MarkVIIIS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Know this sections for mark viiis but there's no HP conti section. I've been curious to see if I can get my conti faster than my mark was stock. I've been doing a little research and I've found that they weigh about the same, conti has 260hp vs 290 for an lsc, conti has 3.56:1 axle ratio vs 3.27:1, and the tranny gear ratios are almost identical. I haven't run the conti at the track yet but 1/4milEtime.com said they run a 15.9 1/4 mile my mark was a 15.2 stock. But the conti has wut I believe is the gen1 mark viii intake manifold which is supposed to flow better it also only has single exhaust and I'm assuming a very modest tune from the factory. So I'm just wondering wut people think I'll run with a good tune, cat back with xpipe, and a nice intake setup. I think because of the 3.56's and those upgrades somewhere around a 14.7

What year continental do you have? Because the 99 and later have better flowing C heads and 275 horsepower...

Mines a 98 I would have bought a newer one had I not bought this one off of my uncle

Be careful with the upgrades- I have owned 2 contis ( 2000 & 1999) I loved them both and miss them as well... just a real nice driving car BUT the transmission in them (ax4n) is weak- they can't hold the little power a v6 Taurus has much less the 275 from the Contis. If you feel You have to go fast be careful with the 1-2 shift, just let off a little before the shift and after the shift get back on it. I had flowmasters on my first one and Magnaflows on the 2nd one. Both withiut the 3rd cat get very raspy. I had to have reinstall the 3rd cat. I actually sold my last Conti a couple of weeks and I was supposed to bring home a Cadillac beause they are my Favorite cars I love them! I ended up bringing home a Mark viii - I am nog disappointed but feel I may have become a persoanl traitor. I believe I am over the guilt though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back