Theft -- Wake Up Call

lsbit

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
You know...I lived in a quiet neighborhood for over 10 years. I didn't have to lock anything and didn't have any problems. Well...I did have the mailbox taken out a few times. :) Now I live in a subdivision and have old habits... I sometimes forget to lock the doors. It's not like our cars don't have an alarm system! Well, I got in the car to go to work and noticed my center console opened. I also noticed my XMRadio missing. I thought maybe I moved it to the Mustang and left it in there. I looked at my wife's car parked next to mine and noticed her center console open also.

Well, I only lost about 10 dollars and an XMRadio. I had my wires neatly installed so they didn't even get the accessories. No damage done, and you can get an XM Roady 2 for $40.00 now. My wife was only missing change. I wasn't really too upset and grateful no damage was done.

The point is...remember... there are A$$HOLES out there who don't respect the working man, so lock you doors and set that alarm!

Wow sorry to hear that, time to lock it up. Can't trust anyone these days.

lsbit said:
You know...I lived in a quiet neighborhood for over 10 years. I didn't have to lock anything and didn't have any problems. Well...I did have the mailbox taken out a few times. :) Now I live in a subdivision and have old habits... I sometimes forget to lock the doors. It's not like our cars don't have an alarm system! Well, I got in the car to go to work and noticed my center console opened. I also noticed my XMRadio missing. I thought maybe I moved it to the Mustang and left it in there. I looked at my wife's car parked next to mine and noticed her center console open also.

Well, I only lost about 10 dollars and an XMRadio. I had my wires neatly installed so they didn't even get the accessories. No damage done, and you can get an XM Roady 2 for $40.00 now. My wife was only missing change. I wasn't really too upset and grateful no damage was done.

The point is...remember... there are A$$HOLES out there who don't respect the working man, so lock you doors and set that alarm!
Ah, man! It's a shame for sure. Did you file a police report? Did Knoxville's finest come out?

GrayGhost1 said:
Ah, man! It's a shame for sure. Did you file a police report? Did Knoxville's finest come out?

My wife filed a report and they never called back or came out. :)

lsbit said:

LOL - They actually took change!??? DEFINATELY sounds like some young kids garage/car hoping in subs, i'd bet they live close by. I'd stare down any kids walking down your sidewalk for the next week and see who can't help but not look at you!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, luckily as you said no damage and it wasn't the car missing!

-DIDJI

Yea...I have an idea of who it is. Little bastards. I would beat their parents, but they are never around. Not even sure if any of them have fathers. You never see or hear them, and they play ball outside till 2 am or so. I can't think of one father trying to raise their kid to show some respect allowing that to happen.

I feel you. I had my CD player stolen from my '85 Eldorado. The joke was on them though because the unit wouldn't eject the CD, so they would have to listen to the same songs over and over. Now I lock the LS wherever I go.

ambisonics said:
I feel you. I had my CD player stolen from my '85 Eldorado. The joke was on them though because the unit wouldn't eject the CD, so they would have to listen to the same songs over and over. Now I lock the LS wherever I go.

What CD was it?

I've had some jackass checkout my deck in my Mark VIII, on his ten speed. As my wife said 'I dont know why this guy keep driving by you car'

ambisonics said:
The joke was on them though because the unit wouldn't eject the CD, so they would have to listen to the same songs over and over.

:D

CobraConti said:
def. some 15 year old kids

Conti speaks from experience... Old past time LOL...

Sorry to hear of the misforutune. I am just waiting for the area I live in.

In winter cars are in the parking lots of stores running..

Most doors on a street are unlocked with home owners are away.

It is nice to be able to feel this comfortable, but the time will come when we won't be able to trust the people around here also.

yeah i had some little b!tch at the parts store (prob an employee) steal my nextel i830 i put it on the counter and walked out to my car there was 2 people in the store (both 60+ years old so i didnt think it would be them) so needless to say it cost my 120 bucks for a replacement (damn dect. for insurance) whats the world coming to!!!

Members online

Back