The rise of the Gray Ghost...

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
Okay so it's my turn for a progress thread...

As most of you know, I totalled my '93 last fall by hitting a 10pt. Buck at 60mph!

The damage was estimated at $7,000 give or take... So needless to say the car was totalled out. I was NOT convinced that the car was trashed so I bought it back for $375. Hauled it home and it sat thru all the snow we got here in Ohio until I started working on it on the nice days we've had here the past few weeks.

I'm at work right now so I can't post pictures (plus I should really be doing something else... like work, lol!)

Basically, the airbags were both deployed, the dash was cracked, the nose was destroyed, core support crushed, the hood separated itself and flew off about a 1/4 mile down the road, the list goes on!

The car already needed a whole suspension rebuild up front which I was collecting parts for before the accident so that will happen after the rebuild. Plus I've been tossing the idea around of dropping the K-member and doing the oil pan while I'm at it.

When the car is done, I will 2 tone the paint, add some flames, hub swap it, and run 18" Black FR500's... oh and it's getting a 4.10 and a track-lock carrier!

Anyway, I was told by a lot of people the car was done for, and to not waste my time, to go find another one. I refused to give up my first Mark Viii, and refused to give up soo easily. Thus I came up with with the name, The Gray Ghost since it's coming back from the dead.

Well, I looked for a while, waiting for the "insurance limbo" to be over... I could NOT find a single car that was anything remotely like what I was looking for, I didnt want a moonroof, I didnt want a green car :lol: and I wanted a 1st Gen. I toyed around the idea of a 2nd gen, but I couldnt find a nice one for the right price... especially a black on black LSC like everyone else wants.. lol!

So anyway, this is the start of my thread. I'll post pics from the very beginning when I get home, so you can see the ongoing story of "The Rise of the Gray Ghost"

How much money did they give you? What do you have to work with?

I ended up getting like 4,300 total for it, but after deductable and whatnot it was over 3k. I ended up putting 2k down on my new truck so I didnt have much to work with. I spend most of the rest of that money on bills. So basically I started with the money I got for my pay checks.

Sorry but tiff beat you to that name by a few years... and Dr SVO brought it back from the dead :D

Good luck with your project, it will be awesome when it is done!

please dont put flames on it...it is soooo hard to make flames look good on any car.imho

I say do flames....... OH! And Lambo doors!

And paint it candy green and then paint the rebel flag on it but in "African" colors. :D

and this!!

spoiler.jpg

Sorry but tiff beat you to that name by a few years... and Dr SVO brought it back from the dead :D

Good luck with your project, it will be awesome when it is done!

Well dang, lol

guess I havent been around long enough.

What would a good name be?

As for the flames, they wont encase the whole nose of the car... that would be silly, it aint a '34 ford, lol. They'll just be thin flames down the side of the car separating the two tone paint. Would look a lot better than just a "stripe"

If only I could sell enough stuff to buy a Double-R hood...

Name it project princess after Bill.

He can paint his pink and be the pink princess.

What about the Gray Goose?:p

Hmmm...

I do likes me some vodka... lol

Okay and as far as the pictures go... I lied. I was workin on my buddy's wife's mustang... I've been in the process of putting a new front clip on it from the firewall forward... so most of my evenings are spent doing that.. I should hope to have some pics up by friday

How bout "Bambi bullitt"
bill post the bambi pic for me....

Pictures!!

Sorry... today was my birthday so I was playin it lazy

Here it was when I got it home:

1228091724.jpg

1228091724b.jpg

1228091724a.jpg

Then tore some of the carnage off of it

1229091445.jpg

Exposing the wreck underneath...

1229091445a.jpg