The perfect Town Car

J Ashley

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What is you idea of a perfect Town Car?

Mine would be a '91 or '94 Cartier in Titanium pearlescent metallac over medium titanium with light titanium cloth and leather seat trim option along with geometric spoke wheels.

OOh boy you guys got me drueling already.

Ive always enjoyed the black on black on black 95 signature with a full black cloth top.

But I would have to say my favorite is a 96 cartier silver (not silver blue) with that lower body gray or a just a full silver (gotta love that clearcoat). Silver and light gray (not the dark gray) interior, beautiful real woodgrain applique, rear visors cartier eblems everywhere . . . . . ooohhh yeah

no valve seal leaks, change the intake of course, have the cartier handbar letter sown in , with a half black cloth, sown in cartier emblems and chrome lincoln signage. Cartier trunk lock cover . .. . . .. . oh yeah :steering

Install a red led pattern that says cartier between the two reverse lights, . . . . . .oh man

kicker resolution series components in the factory locations, a hx2 10 . . . . . ooooooh yeah . . . . .

and a nice Steve cole, brian culbertson, rick braun, boney james and dave koz CD collection . . . . . :cool:

i gotta go get a bar of chocolate. :Bang

P.S. If anyone knows somebody who has one im looking.

Wow Pepsi you got me drooling too. Man have you got some taste! I would love for you to help me ideas on my Cartier when I get it. :D

:Beer

Thank you!! :)

Thats what we are here for, glad to help. (Gotta love custom)

Hi All

My perfect Town Car may not count but here goes, A 78 Town Car, black on black with added black for good measure, absolutly every option, pure heaven, oh yeah almost forgot, delivery milage :)

Regards

Dereck

My perfect towncars would be both 70 black continental(towncar option) not yet a model. I love the wrap around batmobile like chrome look and the 460. Also velour interior. I would like one stock and one slightly lowered and looking stock but beefed up engine and suspension as a sleeper.

Pepsi you have my kind of taste.

Perfect Towncar would be a 1996 because it has the truck lock cover that is missing from the 1997s.

For me it would be a functional family car. Both boys' car seats should be reupholstered with a leather covering that matches my cordovan red rear seats, with the cartier emblem embroidered in the seatback.

Rear seat vanity mirrors will be modified or replaced with flip down LCD screens so Henry and Simon can watch their videos while we drive to grandma's house. A custom-built center console on the rear drivetrain hump holds their playstation and the VCR. The DVD/CD player will be in another custom console on the front hump so that dad can listen to discs while he drives 40 minutes to work every day.

Backup sensors wired through the factory cellphone pre-wire to the head unit mounted on the trim piece at the headliner above the rear-view mirror will keep me from mashing tricycles (or kids :eek: ).

For style I'll rewire the factory armrest phone to my Kyocera throwaway and just to push it over the top let's add red neon underneath to match the interior.

Paint the lower panels of my Silver Frost car with a darker gray or graphite and I think I'd be all set.

Last edited:
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite is the car seat cartier emblems!

planned upgrades to my 91 lincoln town car.

The first things i am going to do is a cool looking window decal, tinted windows and graphics on the body and some new wheels anyone have any ideas on the wheels. :give :L

pepperman said:
The first things i am going to do is a cool looking window decal, tinted windows and graphics on the body and some new wheels anyone have any ideas on the wheels. :give :L

What year?

If you have a late 80's nothing looks better than the factory lacy-spokes which have the gold lincoln logo in the center. If you have any 90-97 model nothing looks better than the factory Y-Spokes.

1990+94 stylin
5.0L V8 w/ 300HP
Black on white leather
Smart Cruise control (found on infinitis)
370watt Bose audio system w/ pionner amp + subwoffer.
17in wheels
Digital Odomotor (with all the bells and whistles)
HD Lights
25MPG w/ 25gal tank. (whoo that would be nice)
two 7in flat screens in the back that can play ps2 and watch satalite tv + movies (dvd)
super black tinted windows
6 speed auto /w od

What ya think? I know I would like to have it

IMO It would have to be my'97 Deep Wedgewood Blue Signature Series(after it gets washed and waxed again no thanx to Frances and possibly Ivan) or a Bittersweet "80-81 Town Car Coupe with a moonroof, curb feelers, chromed 100 spoke daytons at all four corners, limo-tint and a killer sound system (to counteract all those blankety-blank Hondas, Neons,Cavaliers,ET-AL. with that obnoxious soup-can looking, over-hyped weed-eater sounding exhaust notes. I don't wanna hear that mess.(oh yeah, Iwould probably end up playing something like a Carpenters CD to irritate everyone else!
(KAREN LIVES Y'ALL! KAREN LIVES!)

I think this is my first post. . . .THIS is my dream towncar!!
mynewcar1.jpg

'92 Signature Series - Titanium Pearl with white leather interior. :D:D

p.s. . .the picture was taken this summer when I first bought it; in front of my friend's house on the way back to my house; a few hours away. :L

Last edited:
Hi Merv Casteel

Merv Casteel said:
Can I get nore info on the society
thanx

I started the Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society over at http://www.lincolnsonline.com to promote the appreciation and use of the mighty Turbine Wheel.

It is a society of like minded connoisuers who enjoy the finer things in life, at the societies headquarters we enjoy fine Cuban Cigars (hand rolled on the thighs of virgins), Beluga caviar and Napoleon brandy imported weekly.

Anybody who has an appreciation of the venerable Turbine Wheel is welcome as a member.

Unfortunately my original thread appears to have been deleted :(

Regards

Dereck

not to be cocky, but mine....i love mine....thats why i bought it...

254496_93_full.jpg

The perfect Town Car would be my current ride - a 1988 Town Car Cartier Edition plus the Sun Roof and the Trailer Tow Package Option, which unfortunately my car does not have. However, given mine ride is somewhat lack on power, I would give me vote of perfect Town Car to 1996 Cartier Edition with Ivory Pearlescent Exterior and Ivory Interior. I choose 1996 because it is the only year that has the unique real wood trim and adjustable power steering before Lincoln cut the corner and take them away in 1997.

96' Cartier, I also like the adjustable power steerin and trunk lock cover. I love the front ends on 95'-97'.

I would love a 77' Towne Coupe with low mileage also.

My dream of the perfect tc is a 1996, Cartier w/every option possible. The color would be dark red with a tan top and black interior, oh yeah.

derek a..ka. 95ltc

I would have to pick the 1995 spinaker edition the car is sort a creamy soft yellow with navy blue on the bottom, with the two tone blue and off white sig pattern leather and two tone door panels but I would have to add a carraige top in navy blue

824450_7_full.jpg
Its hard to have a favourite town car they have all been nice. Here is mine ne ways

Members online

Back