The new toy has arrived

Lincoln ave

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
As many of you know, I haven't been on here for awhile and I told you I would be back when Ford delivers my new car. Well I got the call yesterday and arrival is scheduled for the 4th of janurary. Pics will be posted for you and I will also include the before and after pics as I will be removing body panels and redoing the interior. And a fresh paint job is in store.

So wait... it hasn't arrived yet? lol What is it?

Technically it hasn't arrived but I did get the call and it will be here. It is actually a 2010 GT 500. Supercharged 5.4 with a 6 speed.

A supercharged 5.4l Ford Fiesta GT 500? Damn, I bet that thing just does back flips when you hit the gas...:p :D

I am planning to buy a new car for my dad. I am waiting for the pics.

A couple of articles I was checking out recently brought some interesting figures to light. One was regarding F/I Mustangs. It seemed odd to me that the first article I read about Roush 427R (it's a 4.6?) showed it rated at 435bhp. The GT500 (5.4 liter) is supposed to be 540bhp (just barely achieving 100 bhp/liter, yet forced induction).

This probably doesn't seem out of the ordinary to most, it's just interesting how the next story I read was the Ferrari 458 Italia. Cutting edge aerodynamics, 202mph, 4.5 liters, normally aspirated and 570bhp. I had to read that twice. Well over 100bhp/liter normally aspirated. Simply amazing.

For those that believe in no substitute for cubic inches, be advised it's not always true. :)

For those that believe in no substitute for cubic inches, be advised it's not always true. :)
Cubic inches doesn't win, cubic dollars wins. As Hau Thai Tang (former head of SVT) said, anyone can build speed and power for $125K; doing it for $30K is the trick.

4.5 liters, normally aspirated and 570bhp. I had to read that twice. Well over 100bhp/liter normally aspirated. Simply amazing.

...But only around 400lb/ft of torque at 6000 RPM.

Peak HP doesn't mean much, nor does HP per liter, IMO. To each their own.

No doubt the Ferrari engine is advanced (read: expensive) and all that stuff.

For those that believe in no substitute for cubic inches, be advised it's not always true.

If that Ferrari engine was bigger, it would produce more power. When all else is equal, cubic inches count.

...But only around 400lb/ft of torque at 6000 RPM.

Peak HP doesn't mean much, nor does HP per liter, IMO. To each their own.

...............QUOTE]

Normally aspirated V8 of 4.5 liters in a road car does 0-60 under 3.4, and top ends over 200mph. But only has 400 lb ft of torque so I guess that somehow invalidates the performance figures??? You can have off the line grunt, it works down low but isn't a lot of help in getting to the "horizon" first (read miles.....). If you're only interested in/have the attention span for the flag at the end of the quarter mile or need to pull stumps then I'm glad it works for you. The real world is way more varied and the roads a lot longer and when your max torque's gone, that horizon's going to mock you without horsepower.

The cubic inch statement related to the supercharged Mustang of 5.4 liters not achieving the performance or bhp of the normally aspirated 4.5. Let's keep things in context. The supercharged 5.4 doesn't seem to be much of a substitute for the NA 4.5, hence a rather significant exception to the rule.

It's a total apples and oranges comparison, as both engines have their pros and cons. As I said already, to each their own.

Its all about R&D and how much money. Ferrari can afford to suck a zillion hp out of a relatively small motor, Ford can't. No one is gonna pay 100k for a mustang with a 4 liter 500hp motor.

Thats like saying my F35 is faster than your 747 even though you have bigger engines...........

Hp/Lb.......

Thats the real comparison even with the F35 and 747. The engines produce roughly the same thrust, but one of the jets is a tad larger than the other. A 1000hp engine in a school bus will not perform like an 800hp Supra.

WTF are the pics?

Just check through his old posts - he has NEVER produced promised pics of any of the 'dream machines' he has claimed to own. Only exception was that horrendous 300C, but there is no guarantee that was even his car.

Members online

Back