The Livery Business?

eots44

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how it seems Lincoln dominates or at least up until these past few years the limousine business, and Cadillac dominates the funeral car business (including the funeral limos)? Also speaking of the livery business, I figured sales of both brands for livery services would go down as Lincoln stopped production of the Town Car, and Cadillac the DTS, and seeing the cars that would take on the responsibilities. I thought the XTS would be too expensive and sophisticated to use, and what's with Lincoln using that weird crossover, the one that's so unimportant that I forgot the name of LOL. I almost am wondering if Lincoln is going to shy away from the market and Cadillac will dominate both areas, to my surprise I've seen quite a few XTS's in service, stretches, hearses, etc. and I know of one limousine company that's soon looking to replace their entire fleet with XTS's. Any other thoughts? It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few years.

I think most of these companies are still trying to find out what car will hold up. I went to NYC for a visit after the crown vic, Town car had stopped their production. Saw all types of cars that the taxi company were using. Mostly that Toyota van and Camry. Off course crown vics were there too. Went again after awhile and saw no Toyota vans at all. They now had the ford escape?!? (the small looking ford which IDK the name off). I think they are still trying to find what car can hold up like the panther cars have in the past. For limos, it's gotta look good too.

The panther cars we're also popular because they were body on frame. If a car got into an accident, it could be repaired on the cheap and back on The road quickly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back