The hits just keep on coming.. car is overheating again

DrewSG

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So my car is now overhearing at stops, it seems to cool down when the car is moving again? I don't think it's anything with the fans, they are coming on fine when I guess the car is starting to overheating.. coolant is filled up normal, so no leaks

What should I check? I already spent $300 a couple weeks ago when the upper radiator hose just decided to blow up out of nowhere.. :(

can be air in the cooling system, degas, or thermo.

Any decent mechanic can do this if you dont wanna mess with it.

So my car is now overhearing at stops, it seems to cool down when the car is moving again? I don't think it's anything with the fans, they are coming on fine when I guess the car is starting to overheating.. coolant is filled up normal, so no leaks

What should I check? I already spent $300 a couple weeks ago when the upper radiator hose just decided to blow up out of nowhere.. :(

Fans? Unless you've modified your LS, it only has one cooling fan.

Overheating sitting still and not overheating going over 40 MPH (especially if going up hill) is a symptom of inadequate airflow usually.

To bleed the coolant system:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/tech/Lincoln-LS/CoolingSystemDraining/

This is the article provided in the "tech articles" link at the top of the page. Search is your friend, but be sure to search for "relevancy" rather than the most recent posting. I was pissing these guys off with my questions that had already been answered hundreds of times until I learned that trick.

For what it's worth, my car would overheat randomly when driving as well. It turned out I had a big old air bubble under the engine fill cap displayed in step one of Filling-Bleeding of 3.9 Liter Engines. This cap is under the vanity cover on the top of your motor (assuming you have the V8). I topped off under the cap, replaced the cap, then completed the bleeding procedure as outlined in the tech article. Best of luck to you.

-Matt

Members online

No members online now.
Back