The End Of Atheism

Oh that's nice... why not just call the victims "cattle"? SMH...

Sure, when you piecemeal what I said to twist my meaning.

In full context though: "Nothing new. Hamas has been using Palestinian civilians as meat-shields for a very long time." -TheDude

It's a figure of speech and the truth, Hamas uses civilians as human shields. You tried though.

Religious 'Nones' are now the largest single group in the U.S.​

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/24/1226...7HNkc9GSAdNEy44dPaU0ZUSIl-CwqcnLIpVS2VTeHHd7k

When Americans are asked to check a box indicating their religious affiliation, 28% now check 'none.'

A new study from Pew Research finds that the religiously unaffiliated – a group comprised of atheists, agnostic and those who say their religion is "nothing in particular" – is now the largest cohort in the U.S. They're more prevalent among American adults than Catholics (23%) or evangelical Protestants (24%).

Back in 2007, Nones made up just 16% of Americans, but Pew's new survey of more than 3,300 U.S. adults shows that number has now risen dramatically.
-snip

And the trend continues.

I suspect the main reason people are being turned off by religion is religious people who use their religion to berate and oppress others, as a club instead of handshake. Republicans are the main offenders in the US.

Religious 'Nones' are now the largest single group in the U.S.​

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/24/1226...7HNkc9GSAdNEy44dPaU0ZUSIl-CwqcnLIpVS2VTeHHd7k

When Americans are asked to check a box indicating their religious affiliation, 28% now check 'none.'

A new study from Pew Research finds that the religiously unaffiliated – a group comprised of atheists, agnostic and those who say their religion is "nothing in particular" – is now the largest cohort in the U.S. They're more prevalent among American adults than Catholics (23%) or evangelical Protestants (24%).

Back in 2007, Nones made up just 16% of Americans, but Pew's new survey of more than 3,300 U.S. adults shows that number has now risen dramatically.
-snip

And the trend continues.

I suspect the main reason people are being turned off by religion is religious people who use their religion to berate and oppress others, as a club instead of handshake. Republicans are the main offenders in the US.

I am profoundly impressed by the self-righteousness and all-around wonderfullness you put on display.

You are a moron---Holden Caulfield

No... he's Newsom in disguise. Not too far back in the Trump thread, he showed a pic of Nazi Fascists on a bridge when we were talking about Uvalde.

Then he and I obviously debated about religion. So I did a little searching, and found an article about Newsom's religious affiliations with people of the Jewish Faith, (not that there's anything wrong with that).

But in the article... It showed the same bridge... with the Nazi Fascists, and said it was the 405 bridge, (which was not mentioned in the Uvalde discussion).

On top of that... (many many posts months ago) when Newsom had his debate (and his wife pulled him offstage) I made a suggestion that he was Newsom back then... and got no response back. I was ignored.

The "gig is up"... "Dude". Or should I say... Mr. "N"???

Last edited:
In the article I found... It talked about Kanye West... and his racist views against the Jewish community.

I will say it AGAIN... I am NOT anti-Jew... so DON'T try and twist my words... "DUDE" !!! Or should I say Mr. "N" ?

While I'm at it, since this is an atheism forum....

The New Testament book of Revelation predicts that "a great peacemaker" will come and support Israel for a time... then eventually will turn it's back on Israel.

Then... Gog and Magog (Russia and China) along with possibly Iraq... will attack Israel. At that point things will get really ugly.

By this time... the "New World Order" will be established, and everyone will have to take a "Mark" (chip?) in order to buy or sell anything... and there will be a "One World" government. (if that doesn't happen sooner).

Somewhere within this time period... there will be Jews that "witness" about the coming Messiah.

Last edited:
I am profoundly impressed by the self-righteousness and all-around wonderfullness you put on display.

You are a moron---Holden Caulfield

You're triggered by facts and factual statistics. How very Trumper of you.

Ok, let me explain. "Holden Caufield" is a book character. The quote in my signature is from the book, it's not me. Good lord...

Church Attendance Has Declined in Most U.S. Religious Groups -Gallup

Three in 10 U.S. adults attend religious services regularly, led by Mormons at 67%​

As Americans observe Ramadan and prepare to celebrate Easter and Passover, the percentage of adults who report regularly attending religious services remains low. Three in 10 Americans say they attend religious services every week (21%) or almost every week (9%), while 11% report attending about once a month and 56% seldom (25%) or never (31%) attend.

Among major U.S. religious groups, members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also widely known as the Mormon Church, are the most observant, with two-thirds attending church weekly or nearly weekly. Protestants (including nondenominational Christians) rank second, with 44% attending services regularly, followed by Muslims (38%) and Catholics (33%).
-snip

Hmm...

On Easter Sunday I will be giving up over $800 in pay, just to attend church.

That doesn't include any donations, tithes, or offerings.

Mormons are nothing more than a bunch of child molesters that think they are going to get their own planet to live on... and have subjects that worship them.

Talk about confused...

FYI... you can't lump Protestants (Methodist Presbyterian etc.) in with non- denominational Christians.

All Protestant denominations broke away from the Catholic Church.

Well maybe you can... but it wouldn't be accurate.

Non-denominational Christianity is fairly broad in the US. I see no real problem with the groupings if the attendance ratings are similar, which they seem to be.

Generally any not connected to any of the mainline Christianity facets, which would include Protestants. But the grouping of the article was to note the similar attendance rates, not that non-dom was the same as say Protestants, Methodist, 7th Day etc.

At least how it read to me.

Well in my younger years I was raised Presbyterian, which actually is an offshoot of Catholicism. (Just without all the rituals).

In my late teens I attended a Baptist church for a while. It wasn't even remotely close to Catholicism.

Years later (after I got married) the family and I attended a Charismatic church that had Apostolic roots (definitely "non denominational"). That was a good Biblical teaching church.

So much so that I went there, (and was heavily involved with it) for 16 years, and donated a lot of my time to it.

Then things "derailed" with that church, and it is now a shadow of it's former self.

So now I'm back at a Baptist church again. Nothing "fire and brimstone" (like John Haggie), just solid Biblical teaching

Members online

No members online now.
Back