system sizes

AVEY10

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
just curious as to what everyone in a mark viii is running and what size of box your using.

might be getting another mark viii this weekend, and the first thing ill be doing is putting a system in it.

either gonna run 2 cerwin-vega 12" strokers rated at 2400W rms, or a single orion hcca 12" at 2000W rms.

the cerwin-vegas require either a minimum of 3 cubic feet for a sealed box or a minimum of 5.6 cubic feet for a ported, and not really sure on the orion setup. i usually prefer a ported box.

I have one 10" infinite perfect 1200w amp and one cap. I think the box is just over a cubic foot.

Single JL TEN W7 in factory JL H.O box powered by JL HD750/1 amp. Sounds great with any music choice and kind of pricey but I have high end taste when it comes to audio

I've got one JL 12W7 with a JL 1000/1 amp powering it. I also have a 3 farad capacitor feeding that amp along with a JL 300/4 powering the JL XR series components inside.

I like JL Audio.

They're a higher cost than most, but totally worth it. I've had this set-up since 2004, and it's still going stronger than ever.

2 10" alpine type r's with alpine Mrp m2000 amp, kenwood excelon components on a 4ch excelon amp, and kenwood excelon double din....had this new setup for a year and has been amazing

Kenwood Double Din head unit, 2000 watt class D amp, 2 polk 12's in a sealed box.

For what I have into it, it pounds.

I've got 2 Idmax 12's hung free air in the back deck, 2 memphis belles, an excelon nav double din and 4 pioneer 6x8's, which will be getting upgraded shortly. Currently the system is wired at about 2500 watts rms. Pics are in my "new stereo pics" thread. I need to add more reinforcement. The whole back of the car heaves. If I might suggest that as cool as the strokers are, they are not ideal for car use. They require a huge box and alot of power.

why would anyone use a box anymore thatsmore than 1.5cuft when there are at least a dozen manufactures making superb quality sound from 12's at .88cu ft sealed to 1.5 bandpass or ported with mutiple voice coils to handle high power. the point is to have the highest quality sound at minimal space.remember the last link to your ears are the speakers you can buy head units, crossovers,equalizers, amplifiers but without quality speakers( and there is no such thing as a quality free air speaker,they are cheap alternatives for people who either cant build a box or dont want to lose any space at all, sorry) i spent 15 years in the car audio business. do yourself a favor get a good low air volume 10 or 12 pair sub and be done. kickerive always stood by, jl audio makes good subs, fosgate is not what it used to be and made aname on large size ported enclosures which can be incredable if you own a suburban or want to lose all your trunk space. ive got 2 12" kickers with 800rms and almost all my trunk space compete access to spare tire well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back