swap in the 3.9 for my v6?

01LSv6

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
has anyone done this? I'd love to have the V8, but can't trade in my LS. I'd rather keep the one I have and drop the 3.9L in. SO, what all would I have to swap for it to work. I did a search, but didn't find it. Is it as simple as swap motor, computer, wiring harnesses, headers, maybe motor mounts...what else? Are the transmissions the same? It would just be cheaper and funner to do the motor swap than to buy a whole new car. Thanks for any info.

01LSv6 said:
has anyone done this? I'd love to have the V8, but can't trade in my LS. I'd rather keep the one I have and drop the 3.9L in. SO, what all would I have to swap for it to work. I did a search, but didn't find it. Is it as simple as swap motor, computer, wiring harnesses, headers, maybe motor mounts...what else? Are the transmissions the same? It would just be cheaper and funner to do the motor swap than to buy a whole new car. Thanks for any info.

Actually, it would be cheaper to buy a new car!

Ugh. That would be a difficult swap. Doable? Possibly...but you'd better have a deep wallet and a lot of electrical experience and know the CAN system better than most. I've done a lot of swaps like this on many brands of cars...but this is one I wouldn't tackle.

2001LS8Sport said:
Ugh. That would be a difficult swap. Doable? Possibly...but you'd better have a deep wallet and a lot of electrical experience and know the CAN system better than most. I've done a lot of swaps like this on many brands of cars...but this is one I wouldn't tackle.

its an 01, preCAN.

Members online

Back