SVT Focus Fuel Pump

JoeyLincolnMK8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I searched for this on the forums, but it did not yield anything. Would this fuel pump work for a Gen 1 mark? I know it works for a Gen 2, I appreciate it.

Yes it will work in a gen 1 but you should just use the Walbro 255 in the gen 1 in my opinion.

Im getting the SVT Focus installed in my 98 on Tuesday as the stock one crapped out on me.

The focus svt one is a 3S4Z-9H307-BC listing for $135.23 and LVC cost is $105.48 plus frt.

Max

Got the pump installed, car is running really well now...

Do you take the actual pump out of the plastic housing and then just use that pump? Or on Marks does the whole plastic housing fit in the tank?

You reuse the stock housing because the Focus pump housing is meant for a returnless system it won't work.

any comments on these two fuel pumps, i see the 255 one from summit racing is 99 bucks - im searching about the svt ford focus fuel pump, havnt foudn any reason why its special other than its a replacement. is it 255 as well? install easier? better warranty?

The gen 2 fuel pump basket is a different design, the SVT Focus drops in directly you just splice a couple wires. A Walbro needs to be modified more to fit a gen 2 but is a direct fit for the gen 1.

The gen 2 fuel pump basket is a different design, the SVT Focus drops in directly you just splice a couple wires. A Walbro needs to be modified more to fit a gen 2 but is a direct fit for the gen 1.

ok i have gen 1. the one that was linked on here was for an edelbrock from summit racing... is that the same thing as the walbro?

I believe so.

the picture looks just like the 255 kit I got from 50resto.com.
I went back and looked at their site and now they are listing that same edlebrock kit, complete with the same picture.

I'd be willing to bet that when you get that Edelbrock pump if you look on the bottom side it will say Walboro.

I click on this link and it says that the kit was just for chevy's but like you said this kit will bolt right up to a gen 1 mark with no moding needed right?

im assuming, im probably going to buy one tonight if they have it in stock at the parts store, im almost on empty too! car is definetly suffering, stopped chirping the tires at wot and is definetly losing power up top! 255 here i come, any thing else have to do be done to get better performance of the higher rate pump? (chip adjustment, FPR? Mafs?)

same part different places EDL-3581:

autozone - 3 mo warranty - $135
advance - 1 year warranty - $103.99 free shipping
summit - 102.95 + 12 dollar handling fee = 115 shipped (not sure on warranty)

im going to go with advance, just need to verify that its the same part

3581.jpg

this is the picture of the pump that edelbrock has on there website for 3581 above.

edl-3581_w.jpg
this is the same part number listed on summit racing 3581. different picture?

well its listed under the same part number, im thinking ones just a general fuel pump picture.

Members online

No members online now.
Back