Suspension Worries!!!

StreetHazard

LVC Member
Reaction score
A great day turned into a horrible nite.... Yesterday. Well everything seemed to be going great yesterday after washing & cleaning my baby(2004 Lincoln LS) up. So i decide to go clubbing everything went great until the club let out. People & cars where everywhere which is normal for a Memphis club scene but this wasnt a regular night. Somebody called themselves swerving on me & i called myself avoiding them but HIT A CURVE!!!!! Now my car is totally out of commission. The car wont crank, this driver side fender wall came out, the driver side front end is sittin on the tire, & i suspect that the control arm is broken. But honestly I have no idea so i was wondering could anybody help me out just by reading what happened. With a list of parts, prices & a labor cost would be a great deal of help. SO PLEASE COULD SOMEONE ANYONE HELP LIL OL' ME.:confused:

Wait, so in short your front driver sides is dropped and the car wont start? Check the fuel filter and the inertia switch. The switch is on the left side wall in the foot well on the drivers side. If its up that means it was tripped, push it down and make sure your fuel filter wasnt damaged. The filter is under the splash guard/liner on the drivers side.

as far as the list of parts needed, you'll have to find out whats bent and or broken.

before you attempt to start it....

you really need to get under the car and make sure nothing is leaking, broken, or in a position that will cause more damage. everything from fuel lines to belts to damaged oil pan.

If you do not know what to look for - it's time to bite the bullet and tow it to a shop. You will likely need some unique tools for the suspension fix - and will need it aligned post repair aways.

The Main power wire runs up in the pass wheel well. It has a junction block there you might of ripped up and also the main power wire that leads to your starter is in there too. Most likely you broke the lower ball joint thats why car sitting low. Also note you can buy just the lower ball joint now. Make sure if you do you know your size either 14mm or 16mm.

Thanks alot. Ive gotten the car towed and its at the body shop now so im waitng on that infomation to post on the site so i can get cheaper more reasonable pricing on parts. Im going to need as much information possible about this vehicle. Ive had it for about a year and 3 mths and i love my car. So all information is accepted. I originally joined to add some serious horsepower but this site covers all aspects of the car thanks a million.

U guys have already been a big help. I checked out the fuel filter & its fine. The car doesnt leak any fluids so that part is fine. No what i do not know is whats bent. What should i be looking for??? Im headed back to the body shop now so i can snap some photos for u guys & hopefully that will help u guys out on feeding me the exact information needed. Thanks alot. Ill be back soon with pics.

It would be hard to guess with what you've posted. Pictures will tell the story. You are going to be dealing with upper and lower arms, the struts and mounts, possible frame damage, steering all the way from the ends back through the rack. Any and/or all of these items and more are in play.

Sorry for your luck.

IMO I would still take it to a trusted mechanic and have him look at it and it would be great for you to be there so you can get a feel for whats wrong yourself.

Im not saying people here dont know what they are talking about, god knows where I would be now that my warranty is up but something as vital as a suspension should get a bit more than just a picture posted and random replies.

my .02~

IMO I would still take it to a trusted mechanic and have him look at it and it would be great for you to be there so you can get a feel for whats wrong yourself.

Im not saying people here dont know what they are talking about, god knows where I would be now that my warranty is up but something as vital as a suspension should get a bit more than just a picture posted and random replies.

my .02~

+1

Well guys Im just leaving the repair shop........... And things turned out to be alot worst than earlier expected, ALOT WORST. Turns out rainjacks is completely right about this situation. An that totally sucks!!! I walk into the body shop and talk to the receptionist and she knew who I was after describing the car but at the same time she didnt have a clue to where the my car was. So after a few phones call the car was there. So me and one of there experience tech went to take a look at it. (Turns out I couldnt see jack in the dark last night. Because I totally missed informed everyone. Might have been the Grey Goose.) So he gets under the car and describes the situation as fairly damaged. Sike.... Thats truly an understatement. The lower control arm was snapped like a twig, the shock was bent, the wheels are totally out of aligement, some minor body damage, the fuel filter is bent after a good look at it & on top of that I have broken heart. So we started to talk rates and he said its 2 to 4 grand to fix the problems that he has observed but he also said after fixing those problems, some others may occur thats not visible at the present time. So after fixing the original problems other may occur!!! This sucks more than having to get the motor replace from a flood damage recently. Not to mention that was $4800. Well does anyone have any ideas??? Pictures will be posted soon.

Yah find a close friend that works on cars. Go to boneyard get lower control arm and strut for like 150 bucks and have him put it on. Then get an alinment. Worry about slight body work later.

Man I'm sorry about your damage and hope you get it fixed up at a reasonable price... but... I have to ask...
did you pick your name StreetHazard before or after you hit this street hazard? :D

Ive been had the name coming from a rough neighborhood & i stayed in trouble. Growing up stealing cars & and running from the police taking hazardous risks it kinda fits. But that the past probably catching up who know i jus wanna fix my problem.

The lower control arm was snapped like a twig, ... the wheels are totally out of aligement...
Don't worry about the wheel alignment--it's irrelevant right now. If the LCA is broken, there's no way to align the wheels. It's like saying your driver's door won't stay closed when the B-pillar is gone...

go to www.photobucket.com open an account (free) and upload your pics to the site. Then copy the link under your new pic that say img code, and paste it into your reply box, and viola.

For pics you can either use the attachment feature if you haven't gave that a shot yet ( sometimes they can be to big ) or use imageshack.com.

I use imageshack cause you can DL and install a tool bar so all you have to do is click on the upload tab in your tool bar and easily upload a pic from there rather than open multiple tabs by visiting the website and yes its 100% free.

LowerArmControl.jpg

Well it took alot loner than expected. Had to find a better browser to upload these pics but there it is & man I get mad everytime I see it. The total repair shop cost is $3485 to repair all visible damages. An after all repairs are finalized there's an second inspection to make sure there is nothing else wrong with the chassis. So until then Ill keep everyone posted and thanks everyone for being so helpful.

I've only hit a curb once in my car. And it was only very lightly, but it was still one time too many.

Ask the body shop if they'll give you a list of the parts you need, then Shoot a PM to TeamFord or Mrzeee and see what kid of deal they can get you.

Members online

Back