Suspension questions... (Searched)

01LincolnLSV8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've got a few questions hopefully someone can help me clear my confusion, here it goes.

I am currently trying to make a list of suspension parts that i need to by to make my 2001 Premium LS V8 more sporty... now you may ask yourself why i am doin this? I'm actually going to be puttin my car on Gingerman raceway in Michigan next year in june and i have to get it prepared.(My brother and I put his GS400 on there this year and it was a blast so i decided to put my LS on it next year). Well anyways i was looking on fordpartsonline.com and i was trying to piece together what i needed to get this done... But i dont know enough about suspension to know what i need to replace in there to make it more sporty. now i know the struts have a great deal to do with the suspension. But how bout strut mounts, and for the rear, shock absorbers, are those the same as struts? (sorry for the dumb questions but i'm quite confused at this point and the more i read the other threads the more i confuse myself, i need some clarification...) Bottom line is i need a list of stuff that i should replace while changing my suspension, for i will be ordering it very soon...

Thanks,
--Josh

Many Premiums came with the 'sport' option package - which means that you have all the sport suspension pieces already - so check that first.

If you are looking to upgrade:
- swap the shocks with the OEM European version
- swap the springs with aftermarket sport lowering springs
- better tires

Quik LS said:
Many Premiums came with the 'sport' option package - which means that you have all the sport suspension pieces already - so check that first.

If you are looking to upgrade:
- swap the shocks with the OEM European version
- swap the springs with aftermarket sport lowering springs
- better tires

how would i find out if i have that package?

01LincolnLSV8 said:
how would i find out if i have that package?

If you're talking sport package, you already have it. The difference between the sport and premium is the premium is lacking the SST shifter and has the chrome inserts in the bumpers. The suspensions are the same. Also, IIRC, the seats have a basket weave pattern.

What do you mean by "more sporty?" Less body roll? Get the lowering springs. Firmer ride? Get the euro valved shocks. You can get a set of adjustable Leada shocks, but those will set you back ~$4000.

Yeah, if money isn't an object or you want a serious ride get the Leda Suspension shocks. The 24 position adjustable shocks from Leda are around $400 each and the fixed shocks are $340. I sell those on my website now.

LS4me said:
If you're talking sport package, you already have it. The difference between the sport and premium is the premium is lacking the SST shifter and has the chrome inserts in the bumpers. The suspensions are the same. Also, IIRC, the seats have a basket weave pattern.

What do you mean by "more sporty?" Less body roll? Get the lowering springs. Firmer ride? Get the euro valved shocks. You can get a set of adjustable Leada shocks, but those will set you back ~$4000.

I'm definately looking to up my suspension but i dop wanna try and keep costs down as much as possible... That doesnt mean iw ant the cheapest stuff available but i do want to get some decent stuff at a good price, thats why iw as asking what i should replace while i'm in there to make it nice nice... So lowering springs and shocks? shocks and struts are the same? or is it shocks int he rear and struts in the front...? i'm confused...

01LincolnLSV8 said:
I'm definately looking to up my suspension but i dop wanna try and keep costs down as much as possible... That doesnt mean iw ant the cheapest stuff available but i do want to get some decent stuff at a good price, thats why iw as asking what i should replace while i'm in there to make it nice nice... So lowering springs and shocks? shocks and struts are the same? or is it shocks int he rear and struts in the front...? i'm confused...

The LS has coilovers all the around. Get euro shocks, lower it, and some good rubber.

Members online

Back