supercharger?

I don't know of anything for the transverse V6. Besides, I would imagine some HUGE reliability issues with the rest of the drivetrain.

yea i thought of that too.. But im tryin to find sum way to gain power.. i plan on doing the exaust fromt he cat back.. n im eliminating the air box and all that for a cone filter.. thats about all. I cant think of ne thing else to do

new spark plugs, spark plug wires, shift kit if its made. An engine swap or rebuild for serious power.

If you want a supercharger dump your unreliable continental, get a Towncar, do an HO swap with mass air, and you are supercharger ready.

Get a 2000+ Conti and find a way to fit the 03+ Cobra blower on it. Lightning would probably work better...

evillally said:
Get a 2000+ Conti and find a way to fit the 03+ Cobra blower on it. Lightning would probably work better...

I would love to see this. No telling how much that would cost. It would be fun though.

i vote dich the 3.8
get somthing with a 4.6 95 or newer in goos shape low miles running good

Ya I'm sure he wouldn't mind for a new conti or something but yall forget that it cost MONEY. But then again hes talkin about a supercharger.

if they mad a supper chager he would be spending money also
woudln,t he
like get a 95 continental youll ad like 100 horses onto what you have now
then spend more money to get it hooked up in a whyll and you can see where you go from there

CobraConti said:
I would love to see this. No telling how much that would cost. It would be fun though.

Anything is possible, and the swap is realistic. I thought about the swap in my 2002. An Eaton would be the only way to clear the hood. These days, you can find the Eaton blowers on ebay for under $500 now. My cousin got one for $350, ported it, and installed it in his Mach I. If you look at the Lightning SC, it has an opening for the throttle body facing upward like the Conti/ Gen-I Mark VIII intakes, making the Lightning Eaton the best candidate for such a swap. But I'm not sure it will bolt-up to the C-head lower intake yet...

The tricky parts for the Conti would be the intercooler and wiring and the tight space in the front accessory drive. I don't think two belts would fit without a little shoe-horning and inginuity.

Another obstacle would be that damn AX4N transaxle, which is already being pushed to the limit by the 32-valve. The only solution I could think of is a Gen-III SHO Taurus manual (Mazda manual transaxle). That TA can handle planty of power, though I am unsure of its maximum capabilities.

As for cost, it wouldn't be no chump-change project, but would be the only known Conti with a blower on top, as well as a very unique vehicle. From head-to-toe, ballpark cost; blower, internals, Mazda manual transaxle swap, intercooler, accessory drives, wiring, possible custom fabrication work, custom tune: $6,000 to $10,000 to make it work correctly. The cost would depend on used or new parts, install costs, machining, etc, unless you did all the work yourself.

Image the look on some Camaro guy's face if he were beaten by his grandmother's car... :gr_devil:

Members online

Back