Supercharger

95Marklll(Kingcobra)

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
What is a good supercharger for are motors? Has anyone ever supercharged a mark with stock internals? Last, what psi would be appropriate for the marks?

Vortech S trims are the best option for a stock internaled Mark. Jeremi Leutostaoski (sp) has done a couple of vortech'd projects. My 95 was one of them, and his current 97 is the other. There are a few others that have them, but he seems to be the forerunner in private individuels.

Right now he is running 10 PSI, with a VERY good tune. I don't reccomend going any higher than that or your gone be fracturing some ringlands. 8 is a safer bet unless you have a good tuneshop/dyno.

Mike

94m5 said:
Vortech S trims are the best option for a stock internaled Mark. Jeremi Leutostaoski (sp) has done a couple of vortech'd projects. My 95 was one of them, and his current 97 is the other. There are a few others that have them, but he seems to be the forerunner in private individuels.

Right now he is running 10 PSI, with a VERY good tune. I don't reccomend going any higher than that or your gone be fracturing some ringlands. 8 is a safer bet unless you have a good tuneshop/dyno.

Mike

but how much of a gain would only 8 psi get ya?

I just got my Mark VIII about 3 weeks ago and am already looking for boost alternatives. I have found AllenSuperchargers which use a Lysholm twin screw type blower that is very efficient. There SC kit also comes with an inter-cooler.

They don't have one for the Mark VIII but it is for the 4.6 engine. So some modifications will be necessary for fitment.

2002WRXSTi said:
They don't have one for the Mark VIII but it is for the 4.6 engine. So some modifications will be necessary for fitment.
Watch out. The modifications necessary going from a 4.6-2V to a 4.6-4V might surprise you.

These motors hold up pretty good to the s/c. I put down 362hp to the wheels with 8psi vortech on mine and the motor is doing fine. the tranny is another story, thats what you should be more worried about than the motor.

Justin

MonsterMark said:
Watch out. The modifications necessary going from a 4.6-2V to a 4.6-4V might surprise you.

now what would be some basic things that would be main diffs?

MonsterMark said:

Would it just be the intake manifold?

i was thinking if you wanted to you could just make a "high rise" supercharger, with S shaped runners comming from the heads to the supercharger base. It would kinda be like headers but double sided. Kinda like in the quick drawing i made, pardon the simplicity of it.

Last edited:
Do you know how high off of the engine you would have to have the SC to get the runners in position from the sc to the heads?

Your better off, swapping over to C heads, and buying a kit WITH an intercooler that fits down in the block valley.

94m5 said:
Do you know how high off of the engine you would have to have the SC to get the runners in position from the sc to the heads?

Your better off, swapping over to C heads, and buying a kit WITH an intercooler that fits down in the block valley.

I was just throwing the idea out there, but i wouldnt think youd have to have it that far off the block, mabey like 4, 5"'s...but your right, its prolly gonna be easier to put the c heads on there. Ill just keep a lookout for a junked 96+ cobra.

94m5 said:
the 96 cobra also has B heads man. C's did'nt come out till 99.

K in that case, ill keep an eye out for 99+ cobra's

btw though, since they make s/c's for the 96-98's, why would they not work?

Ok, now i got another question mike, im assuming these are the C heads, right? Well, since they are bare, can i take the valve train from the old (B) head, and put it on there?

Or would these just be easier? Im also assuming the stage one would be even more benificial for the supercharged app.

Also, it says exchange, im assuming thats the core charge for the heads. Would they except the B heads in exhange?

Members online

No members online now.
Back