Substituting T-Bird parts

oldstick

LVC Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 98 Mark 8 LSC and does not have the air ride stuff any longer. So If I want to look for T-bird control arms what year t-birds will fit? I see rock auto lists several items for 97 model t-birds but that seems to be the latest year they have.

I'm thinking for certain parts it's 95-97. But I could be wrong. There was something a little different about a couple of the front suspension parts on the early MN12's. But I'd have to look it up to know for sure. Personally, I'd go with the last year of the T-Bird/Cougar, 1997 for any parts. Because you know they'll fit.

I'm thinking about going that route with my wife's '97 LSC. The T-Bird parts are much less expensive than the Lincoln parts. All I'll have to do is attach the tab for the height sensor to the upper control arm. But I'll save quite a few bucks..."Lincoln tax" and all...:D

most either go the same year as their mark or just with 97. all the front end stuff will fit except the rack might be different

89-92 use different spindles That's y PBR brake u have to switch to 93 newer same with sway bar end link.... the control arm wud be a direct swap 93-97...lower control arms I heard are different thicker I think on the tbird or something I can't remember something is different though 94/95 supercoupe struts work great.... I love them hope this helps a little oh and 97 was the last yr for the tbird

Members online

No members online now.
Back