Stuck IMRC

redmark8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I've been working with my friend on his new to him, 1998 mark lsc black on black, 66k, with octastars. We are getting a 1518 imrc code, tried seafoaming it 3x's still hasn't cleared. Sprayed the back side spring and they still don't seem to want to free up. Any ideas, we need to clear the cel to get it inspected. Thanks

stick you're hand behind the pass side head and work the lever back and forth..Has worked great for me in the past.

It's happened to me 2 times both during the winter when i store it. The first time it was stuck bad..Had to use a little more strenght then i would've liked but it free'd up. The second time just a little wiggle worked..

I'll check the manual with a little more force method tomorrow. Thanks. I think the previous owner didn't appreciate the 3k plus power of these cars to use it and hope they eventually free up with some help. If we get her to open at least I know my friend will open those plates occasionally

i think a 1518 is just the pass side..The drivers side might be ok. If it isnt then its going to be alot tougher to reach iirc.

I noticed that, so like the good friend that I am, I let my buddy try to reach down there while it was hot without a glove. I did try to warn him first though. He got the burn on his arm I expected him to get.

But do you actually see the wires going to the "clips" actually working. The reason I ask is because I had problems with my IMRC's, and it turned out to be the electric motor that controls them.

I need to check out the pass side IMRC to see if it's stuck. Anybody got a picture of the controller so i know what to pull on? Still getting familiar with the gen 2 layout

Members online

Back